Chapter 15 - (2.1K Words)

It wasn't long before you were at the other end of the city. You had stopped to take some of the subways through the city, which made the trip a lot shorter. You had almost left Yugyeom behind at one of the stations on accident, but now you were all laughing about it.

After you got off of the last subway, you and Mark met up with Yugyeom outside of the station. Throughout the trip, Yugyeom had kept his distance, and never had to use anything that was in the bag.

"Yugyeom, what time is it?" Mark asked, finally letting go of your hand. "I want to know if we have time to get lunch."

"It's a few minutes after one o'clock. We don't have to get her to the drop-off until three," Yugyeom said, peeling back his jacket sleeve and looking at the silver watch on his wrist. "We have time, as long as it's not anything too fancy, okay?"

"Okay, so we have two hours to go anywhere on this side of Daegu. That shouldn't be a problem," Mark said, scanning the street around you. "We just have to find a place to go."

You started looking up and down the street too. You were hungry too. You had woken up fairly early, so you didn't know how long ago it was that you ate. And even though Jin's cooking was good, he didn't make a lot to eat.

Finally, you spied what looked like a restaurant. It was just a block away from you on the other side of the street. You tugged on Mark's sleeve, and pointed down the road towards the building.

"You found one?" Mark asked, squinting his eyes to look at the sign that stood out in front of it. "I hope it's warm inside."

You followed Mark and Yugyeom as they lead the way to the restaurant. You all stood at the edge of the street, waiting for a chance to cross. Before you could cross, you saw two familiar figures walking on the side opposite yours. You peeked your head around Mark, wanting to get a closer look.

It's the two guys that passed us on the sidewalk earlier today. How did they get to this side of town so quick?

"(Y/N), is something wrong?" Mark asked, turning his head. "You look a little spaced-out."

You motioned your head towards the men that were on the other side of the street. They were now leaned up against a building, as if waiting for someone. They still had the same big bags with them. Mark nodded his head, and leaned over to Yugyeom.

"Don't worry, I see them too," he said, keeping his hand firm on the bag. "This isn't a coincidence. But this means that we might have to skip lunch and get right to the drop-off."

"Alright," Mark said, grabbing your hand and pulling you up to stand beside him. "We'll meet you there, okay? If they give you any trouble..."

"I'll be fine. I know what to do," Yugyeom said, walking out into the street.

You watched as he made his way to the other side of the street. You gulped, and let Mark pull you along.

* * * *

"Is he still behind us?"

"Yeah, I can hear his footsteps," Mark said, not even bothering to look behind you. One of his arms was wrapped protectively around you, while the other one was ready to grab the holstered gun, should he need it.

One of the two men had decided to follow you two, and the other one had gone after Yugyeom. You had circled block after block to try to slip away from the guy that was following you, but nothing seemed to work. It was like he knew the streets better than the back of his own hand.

"Here's what we're going to do," Mark whispered in your ear. "We're going to turn down that alleyway down there, and get out of public sight," he pointed to break between the buildings, "so we can figure out what this guy wants."