Chapter 24 - (2.3K Words)

Slam!

Your eyes flew open and you bolted up in the bed. You quickly scanned the room, suddenly remembering where you were. You could feel your heart start to slow in your chest as you realized that everything was fine. You rubbed your eyes, and leaned back against the mound of pillows behind you on the bed.

You could feel a dull ache start to take over your hand, and you began to remember the events of last night. You looked down at the covers, and realized that you were still in your clothes from the day before. You saw that some of the bandages around your arm and hand had come loose, and you could see your hand looked no better than it did last night.

Morning light was flooding through two large windows with white panes that were on the wall adjacent the bed. The long, flowing, light brown curtains were drawn back from the frames, and you could see the land outside. You curiously gazed around the rest of the room, wondering what it looked like now that you could see it.

The walls were a light red--so light that they were almost pink. The light brown curtains blended unusually nicely with the walls, which surprised you. Normally, you would never find these two colors together. Most of the things in the room were light brown, and stood out against the red walls.

There were two doors in the room, and you knew where they both lead. The one that was closest to you lead out into the hallway, while the other door must have lead to a bathroom.

You looked to your left, and saw the glass of water sitting on the nightstand. You had selfishly asked Jungkook for one last night, and you still hadn't taken a single sip. You looked away, trying to rid your mind of any thoughts about last night.

You noticed that in front of one of the windows was a set of two chairs and a couch, all around a coffee table. In the center of the table was a gray vase filled with white lilies. In another corner, there was a desk and a chair that looked like they had never been used. The only other things in the room were a large dresser, and the nightstands that were on each side of the bed.

You sighed and pushed yourself into a sitting position. You looked the room one last time before pushing yourself off of the mattress entirely.

I feel so dirty. I should shower.

You hadn't showered since you had landed in South Korea, so of course you felt disgusting. You ran your hand through your hair, and you shuddered when you felt its natural grease, which you thought was one of the worst feelings in the world.

You walked over to the dresser, and opened the top drawer. You were surprised when you saw only a single set of clothes; it wasn't quite what you had expected. Your glasses were sitting on top of the pile of clothes, which relieved you. One again, it disturbed you that they weren't your clothes, but it was most definitely your underwear.

You inspected the tank top, which was white with bright green stripes, and had a breast pocket. The shorts were light blue denim, and they were longer than the ones that you were wearing right now, which made you a little bit happier than it should have. You quickly grabbed your underwear, still a little bit self-conscious even though you were alone in the room.

You brought the change of clothes into the bathroom with you and found a towel already waiting for you. You turned the lights on, and you were met with the most luxurious bathroom that you had ever laid eyes on.

The walls were a nice, neutral shade of brown. The floor, shower, and counter were all a nice tile that was slightly offset from the rest of the room. The shower was separated from the rest of the room by a thin glass barrier. You could see a large white bathtub that was in the corner of the room, underneath a large window that was letting some natural light seep in through the closed blinds.