Chapter Six: Second Semester

May's POV

"May Dearie!" I heard Mom calling me from the kitchen. It was seven in the morning and my five-year old body was just freshly clean and cool from the early morning bath. "Time for you to meet a new playmate." She added.

New playmate?

I dropped the white stripped towel from my body and quickly changed into my simple white one piece dress laced with a bright big blue ribbon in the chest area. I happily hopped down the stairs from my room and took a peek at Mom by the door of the kitchen.

"Playmate?" I inquired Mom. She gently placed the plates on the table and undid her apron. She approached me and bent down. She held my face in between her loving hands.

"Yes Dear, he's just as old as you and very lovable too." She smiled. "I bet you two could easily get along."

"Really?" I asked in amazement as I embraced her. "I can't wait to meet him!" I smiled as wide as possible.

Mom gladly received my embrace and stood up carrying me. "Then let's meet him now shall we?"

"We shall!" I exclaimed as Mom carried me all the way to the door leading outside our house.

...

I woke up by morning feeling a lot way better than last night. By the works of the gods, I was cured of my cold.

The sunlight pierced through the near-transparent glass of my windows. The cold November breeze danced the curtain in a not-so-welcoming manner.

This is gonna be one cold semester.

I sleepily got up of bed and slowly walked to the right side of my room to close the windows to prevent my room from becoming into one huge refrigerator. As soon as I did it, I stretched my body in victory, only to notice that it was already quite bright.

7:15 AM

"Crap! I'm late!"

I shook all of the drowsiness clinging on me and quickly took a towel in the drawer by my room. I made it out in a nick of time when I accidentally bumped into someone I wasn't really expecting just as I was about to open the bathroom door. Since I was quite quick in my pace, I was forceful enough to actually pin him down as I soon followed on top of him. I closed my eyes and braced for impact.

It went super awkward right off the bat.

I tried to identify what I was actually holding on to. With both eyes still closed, I slowly retracted my grip which I thought was somewhere near his biceps (which was actually BARE) and opened my eyes bit by bit.

Of course, deep down I knew it has to be Drew no doubt about it since I am living with him. But the thought that I am holding onto someone I am pretty sure bare, I couldn't help but hope somehow that it isn't him.

Uhm I don't know, Dad perhaps?

What my eyes saw by the moment they were fully opened was indeed the image of Drew in nothing but his boxers with a piece of washcloth over his head. From the sweet aroma of aloe vera shampoo that reached my nose with an enticing passion, it was very clear that he have just finished taking a bath.

Then in less than a mere second of realization, I felt my face burn up red.

"Wha?"

I was about to sit up suppressing a screech when he suddenly held both of my arms and pulled me in closer instead.

"Feeling quite aggressive aren't we so early in the morning." He smiled and whispered in my ear haughtily.

"PERVERT!" I screamed and slapped the smirk boldly written across his face. "Perverted cabbage-brain!" I violently shook off his grip on my arms. I stood up abruptly and slammed the bathroom door behind me.