Chapter Twenty Six: Busted For Real, The Sequel

Chapter Twenty Six

May's POV

Hi Witch, I just met with my mom here in LaRousse. Everything is going fine now. I'll be back to school after the Christmas break. Thank you, and also thank Drew for me. My mother says hi to you and Drew. Sorry again for everything. I'll get back at you I promise.

And yeah you can have him all to yourself. Knowing your mental state, you would never know how obvious that is.

I sighed and put down my phone.

For once in my life, I woke up early.

All thanks to this one text..

Fun fact about my life, I would never ever sacrifice anything for sleep and for more sleep. Never. Not a single thing.

But to think that Brianna would text me this early in the morning, it immediately chased away all the drowsiness that were all over me.

I thought it would be another anime review from Dawn and her nightly anime binge watching.

I took up my phone and read it again. It was unreal. She really did text me this early.

Weird jittery feelings were all over my stomach.

A weird jittery good feeling. Just a week ago she stated how much she hated me and now she's thanking me. In such a little time, we both already had gone a long way.

I smiled and placed the phone on my chest, letting it's warmness creep all over me protecting me against the frigidness of December.

I was about to tap my reply when I heard a knock on the door of my bedroom.

"May?" Drew called out. "Can I come in?"

"No, you may not." I jested.

"Okay.." He replied from the other side. "Can I-"

I jumped off of my bed and quickly opened then door. "I was kidding Drew." My chuckling stopped when I saw him in his winter uniform already. "What's up with you?"

"Aren't you a bit too early for school?" I asked immediately.

"Yes." He scratched his chin. "I'm going to see nurse Joy, for my daily examination."

"Oh.." I nodded. My eyes trailed off to his shoulder.

"And to have my new arm sling, since, uh, I accidentally tore off its fabric yesterday."

"And also I organized a meeting today with the soccer club." He sighed and darted his look away from me. "I also need to talk to you after school. Is it okay?" He asked.

I started chuckling again.

"Why do you look so serious moss head?" I slowed down my laughter and nodded at him. "Sure. But why?"

He breathed in a sigh of relief and composed himself. "You'll know later." He winked as he closed the door behind him.

"Hey!" I called out. "What was that about?"

But he was already out of the apartment room.

"What was that about?" I asked myself.

Sometimes he's a straight up jerk and a pervert, then suddenly he becomes serious. I don't get him.

It must really be something serious considering how he looked so anxious trying to bring it up.