Chapter Twenty Five: With Now Open Hands

Brianna's POV

...

"Are you sure you're not going to take your remedial exams?" May asked for the umpteenth time.

I looked at her and sighed.

"But Brianna. Its midterms. Big. Major. Exam."

"Yeah big major headache too." I casually answered and arranged stuff inside my bag.

"That's not what I mea-"

"And what I mean too is that there are more important things I'll be doing." I cut her off. "I thought you were happy that I decided to go back home?"

"Well, I am." She fidgeted with her nails. "But I'm also worried about you and school. And I just thought that maybe you might also want to have a plan about it."

I immediately choked on the air I was breathing in.

"What the hell witch? What are you my parents?"

Even with the dim lighting, I could see her face flush.

She clipped her hips and pouted at me. "Friends worry about their friend's school stuff too!"

I chuckled. "Seriously?"

"At least I do! I worry about Dawn spending too much time on the bulletin board getting C's in all her exams. I worried about Leaf missing school. I worr-"

She stopped talking when I gave her a funny look.

"Fine." She grumbled and looked away. "I won't worry then."

I laughed. "I'm sorry May. I'm actually gonna talk about it with grandpa, so no worries." I assured her. "Jeez I never knew you're such a worry wart."

She clasped her hands and smiled. "That's good to hear!" She came near me and patted my head. "Good girl."

My face immediately soured. "Stop it please."

"Oh." She paused. "I wonder where Oreo went."

"Oreo? Who's Oreo?" I asked.

"Oreo!" May called out. "Come here boy!"

And came running towards us was the white puppy May brought earlier. May picked him up as he started licking her hands.

My shoulders dropped in disbelief. "His name is Oreo? I thought I was the one going to name him!"

"Well actually it's his, uh, temporary name." She defended. "You can name him whatever you like after tonight."

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I, I, I mean how could you not name him Oreo? His white and he have black sock!" She held him closer to me and showed me the black fur around his paws.

"May, Oreos are mainly black, he is mainly white. If I have to judge the way how you named him it's because you are an abuser of sweets."

She shifted eyes.

"That may be so but-"

"I'm renaming him by tomorrow." I cut her off and continued arranging stuff inside my backpack.

"No biggie." She stuck her tongue out. "I just have to spend as much time with him tonight."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.