Chapter Sixteen: Home Sweet Home, or Something

May's POV

It was already 6:30PM Friday evening that I decided to try and cook Drew's favorite soup which I just learned from his Mom.

Because why the hell not.

I also thought that it would be a good opportunity to level up my cooking skill.

It's my first time being back in the apartment after five days living in Dawn's place so I thought it would be bad if I just go back to enclosing myself within my room.

Pffft I'm so good at being a wife I don't even need to be trained. Wait, does it even need training?

Speaking of being a good wife, I was depressed earlier that I didn't see him there at their usual lunch table. I was hoping that I could somehow see his oh-so-day-brightening and welcoming smile full of arrogance. And instead I found him challenging Brendan to a match.

Of course that's not all, I'll stay away from her, just like what you've always wanted. I'll even gladly tell her myself that I won't bother her anymore. What do you say?

Deal

If I have to describe Drew, like honestly, the first word to come to mind would be annoying and perverted. Hundred percent fact. But even with that, it's not like I totally hated him for being perverted or arrogant. It's like a part of him that I've long understand.

It's just his protective and caring attitude that is still a big mystery to me.

It's like I know he cares and wants to protect me, prince charming and all, but, it needs more research. Sort of like that.

Hitting a girl for a swing? Two on one? You're 12 and she's only 8, aren't you ashamed of yourselves?

Don't you dare show up your faces here again.

And I never knew I would see those fierce expression in him again.

What did you do to May?

Why did you make her cry?!

He was seriously mad, but, damn it why do I feel so oddly good about it?

How many times do I have to tell you?

That I don't want someone like him meddling with your life.

Then I felt a butterfly flutter in my stomach.

So okay maybe a few dozen of butterflies.

So to perfectly put it, I'm cooking him his favorite soup hoping that it could somehow lessen all the tension that's been building up these few days, exams and everything.

I took out the pot from the stove and poured the steaming contents on to two separate bowls. "That should do it!" I congratulated myself as I placed the two bowls on the opposite ends of our dining table.

Now that I think about it, we usual eat at both ends of the table. Maybe we could try eating beside each other?

Nah nevermind, that's just way too embarrassing.

I eagerly sat on the other end and waited for him. I took a glance at the clock and saw that it was already ten minutes before seven. He's getting late, again.

I sighed as I moved my bowl sideways so I could place my head on top of the table.

What's that pervert been up to? Had this room been this silent before? This lonely?

I wonder if Drew felt this kind of loneliness when I was away.

I raised and moved my left hand in front of me. It was wrapped with two band aids, one on my index finger and the other on my thumb. I winced. I felt a slight pain from trying to move them. I really need to practice using the knife, next time I might end up butchering myself.