Chapter Eleven: It May or May Not Be Jealousy

May's POV

And once again, in my oh-so-perfect-and-grandiose life - sarcasm by the way- I'm cramped up in another tight situation like never before.

Dear life, when I ask if my day could get any worse I mean that as a rhetorical question, not a goddamn challenge thank you.

Right before me stood the petite ginger gift from satan sitting on a wooden stool with crossed legs and arms. For some reason, she looked horrifying for such a tiny girl.

It may have something to do about her taekwondo-ing me this morning.

"Ahh great!" Mrs. Celia clasped her hands in joy. "So you two have met already?" She added with even more glee.

Man I wish she won't make things worse than they already are. I mean does Mrs. Celia even know what kind of dangerous water she's making me tread over here?!

"We're schoolmates Mrs. Celia." Brianna turned her head from me towards her. Unbelievably, the transition of her from frowning at me then smiling brightly at Drew's mom was so smooth that it made me drop my jaw. "It would only be natural for us to meet."

"Yeah that is right Mo-I mean though I just met her today." Gotta be careful with my words now, don't wanna mess this up even more. And oh gosh how I wanted to add 'and I clearly didn't like the way she kungfu'd me this morning, taekwondo'd or whatever.' but sadly I can't, instead I added "I've never met her or know her somehow before today." I replied honestly. Panic sometimes makes us the most helplessly honest creatures.

"Really?!" Mrs. Celia asked in astonishment. "That means you don't know that she's the grand-daughter of your university's principal?"

"What?!" I was taken aback and looked at Brianna who just smug at me.

"Yep that's right!" She stood up from her seat and clipped her hips. "My grandfather owns the university you always go to, just like how he owns this apartment as well."

I gulped noiselessly.

Holy shift.

He owns this apartment as well?! That Mr. Wattson!? How come I didn't know any of this? Why am I always left out on the most vital information?!

"Is that so? That's cool."

I replied, trying so hard not to be impressed and intimidated.

Damn man, they are SOOOOO rich! She could have chocolate syrup running through their faucet! And also that super elongated rectangular table I see in movies that they have to use a megaphone to communicate over because of the ridiculous length!

"That's right Dear, it's actually Mr. Wattson who suggested this apartment to me." So he definitely knew that I and Drew are living together right from the start! Did that mean that Brianna already knew about me and Drew? But she did look startled knowing about me being in here.

"You're just in time Dear, I cooked dinner, and it'll be ready any minute now." Mrs. Celia smiled at the both of us before going back into the kitchen to continue cooking.

"I really am pretty surprised Maybelle that you didn't know, considering that you constantly visit the principal's office every now and then." She scoffed as she took her seat again. "Did you know that the first time I ever heard of your name was the school intercom announcing it?" She added, bored and unimpressed.

I really hate it when somebody makes an offensive retort about my troublesome life. As I was about to say something, she cut me off.

"Why did you call her 'Mom' and why does she call you 'Dear'?" She snapped in a serious tone.