Chapter Nine: Birch and Hayden

May's POV

"MAAAAAAAAAY!" Dawn immediately took strong hold of my shoulders and started to shake the hell out of me just as I took my seat right beside her on our usual lunch table. "I ENVY YOU SO MUCH!"

"What?" I asked, confused by what she meant.

"Don't you dare 'what?' me missy." She sharpened her eyes at me. "I'm talking about that sexy beast of a transferee with jade eyes!"

"Sexy beast?!" My voice caught unwanted attention nearby. "The hell Dawn?!"

Dawn moved her seat closer to me. "Now you listen here." She threatened and pointed a spoon at my side. "You've GOT to tell me EVERYTHING that happened between you and Drew or else suffer the bane punishment of the tickle monster."

I sighed and felt my head. Why does he have to transfer here?

And why do I have to be so damn ticklish?!

And why does Dawn demand to know that well-hidden secret I've treasured?!

"You're being serious aren't you?" I asked, hoping somehow that I wouldn't have to explain to her everything like she wanted me too. And of course in hopes of not suffering from the bane punishment of the tickle monster.

I looked behind and saw Drew seated together with Ash, Paul and Gary on their usual lunch table about four o'clock from our position. I didn't know if it was just pure coincidence but by the moment I saw him he was also starring at me, incisively.

Is he still upset that I corrected his equation during algebra? But that was like hundreds of minutes ago.

Speaking of minutes ago.

...

"Wait wait wait, please just wait." I cut him off. "Let me just collect my thoughts for a second." I felt my head as the headache from the past seat work ruckus made it even harder for me to process what was actually going on. "You're the one who wrote that letter below my desk right?" I asked, trying to have some sort of clarification.

"Yes." He smiled, trying to build up a light atmosphere between us.

"Then why the hell did you pick this venue among all the other SAFE places here in the school?" I narrowed my eyes at him. My thoughts crashed back to my series of deduction during class, that this baby face here sure was some kind of nasty stalker. His smile faded as he witnessed me getting closer, I could see that he was starting to panic as he tried to squeeze out some unshady reasons.

I was suspicious from the start and of course he have the right to know that I am still suspicious of whatever is going on and whoever he is.

"Like the cafeteria?" I continued, walking up to him closer and closer.

"Uhm.. hehe." He laughed nervously and tried to hide his panic. He failed so horribly at this.

"Or the school open court?"

"You see, uhm.."

"How about even just outside our room, or your room for that matter?"

"Well, uhm..."

"Do all of these places seem, hmmm." I paused and feigned naivety. "Has too many witnesses?!"

"And most of all, why didn't you write your name?" I stopped and stood straight in front of him. I cocked an eyebrow and clipped my hips.

I am trying to make an impression. But I don't know if I am doing it right though. I might just look stupid now that I think about it.

He didn't answer. I only heard how he gulped nervously.