Chapter Fourteen: Troublesome

May's POV

"Would you like to be my girlfriend May?"

The fingers of my left hand unconsciously tapped the purple heart of the necklace. Then it slowly moved to my chest.

I felt my rapid heartbeat.

I thought very hard of the current position I am in, and no matter how hard I try to think how it is even logically possible for Brendan to ask me to be his girlfriend, everything doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

What could he have possibly saw in me that he would want me to be his girlfriend?

I was bewildered beyond compare.

There's gotta be something wrong with him.

"Why would you want a troublesome girl like me?" I asked, doubtful if he was even able to hear it.

"Well, I think you're a great girl May. You're cute, smart, easy-going, and most of all.." He paused. He fixed a tilted portion of my beanie near my right ear. "I like you." I saw his bright smile again as he pulled himself back.

"And you're not troublesome. And even if you were, I wouldn't mind."

My heart broke. I don't know why but it did. I wasn't able to understand anything at all. Nothing was wrong yet I was in pain. I felt an anchor tugging at me.

And how could I take this weight off if I couldn't even get a hold of it in the first place?

"I'm sorry Brendan." I gave him back the necklace before standing up, left the restaurant and ran outside.

It was being rude at its finest.

What was wrong with me, a perfectly good-looking and well-mannered guy practically confessed to me and here I am running away from him. Good job Maybelle, you seriously know how to majestically screw things up.

I should write a book about this! It'd be a best seller!

To be honest, he is Mr. Perfect. Any girl would be lucky to have him as her boyfriend, he's cool, smart, kind, and he's everything. If only I had the chance to say this to him before running away impolitely though.

I sighed.

If only I am not married to that stupid narcissistic sick pervert, maybe I would have said yes. I really am such a good girl, sadly. I paused by the sidewalk, I witnessed a lot of people walking pass by me, well not that it mattered now anyway.

"Hear that heavens!" I screamed all my frustrations out inside my stinging chest. "I'm a good girl! I'm a very good girl!" I stopped when everybody paused and stared weirdly at me, well who wouldn't? "What are you all looking at?!" I hissed angrily at everyone before running away again.

Always being put in a tight situation.

Why do you love to make me so miserable? I'm a good girl. It is so freaking unfair!

I don't know how long I ran but I managed to get back into the apartment, I unlocked the doors and felt for the switch. It was still early afternoon but I headed straight to my room. When I was about to place my beanie on my desk, it wasn't on my head anymore. It must have fallen off somewhere.

Ugh! I'm so miserable! I lost my favorite beanie!

I tightly shut the door of my room and jump on my bed. I wasn't able to hold it in anymore that I broke out an anguish cry.

This is what I hate most about emotions. They just appear like that and just like how they appear they also disappear just like that. They can't be understood yet they demand to be felt. Emotions are cruel.