Chapter Nineteen: Busted For Real

May's POV

I woke up to the beeping of my alarm clock. The snow last night was so terrible that I prayed it would be over once I wake up. And once in my life, my prayer just got answered.

I slowly sat up and stretched my arms.

I was about to get off of bed when I noticed a folded piece of paper right beside my pillow. Without a moment to waste, I quickly opened it and read.

Who knows, it might be Santa's letter saying what I would be getting this Christmas.

Or not.

No matter how much I wanted to spend hours gazing at your cute sleeping figure, I got a soccer team to manage early in the morning, and I think 35 minutes is long enough hearing you mumble in your sleep. Which is adorable by the way.

And thanks for taking care of this very charming prince of yours.

P.S. I left you bacon and eggs on the table. Don't be late for school! 'kay?

I puffed my cheeks out.

How could he stare at me sleeping and hear my sleep ramblings for thirty five long minutes?! Why would he do that? Seriously? It's not one bit appropriate!

Despite the freezing weather, I felt something warm.

Just what in the hell.

And why would I expect something from Santa? I'm already way past child years to believe he's real. And even if he was, my name would be written in red-ink-boldly-italicized-underlined-with-five-star-naughtiness in his naughty list.

After panicking where he could have went under that heavy snow yesterday, I found out that he was just resting in my room because apparently he was worried why I came home late. Why he decided to wait in my room instead of just resting in his own though was something far from what I could comprehend.

And I could comprehend a lot of things pretty well, osmosis, theory of evolution, quadratic functions and etcetera.

He said something about making him feel more rested, which just all the more prove that he's really a big open pervert. And to top that off, he wouldn't budge so when I thought that I would just sleep on the sofa he got up and told me to sleep with him because it would make him feel better. He even added that it was a 'punishment' for getting home late and making him worry.

'Punishment'.

Yeah right.

What? You would rather sleep on the sofa than make me feel better? What kind of a wife are you?

Initially I argued of course, I may not be the smartest girl on this planet but it doesn't take to be a brainiac to know just how illogical was his reasoning. Me sleeping with him does not equal to making him feel better. He was just teasing me, as always. He was giving me the puppy eyes so eventually I agreed.

As if arguing about it would get me anywhere.

It was our first time sleeping together. I mean we've slept together before, not just on the same bed.

It was really unfair.

He was so comfortably snoring in while I barely even had a wink.

How could I sleep when I could just feel him breathing so close to me for Pete's sake?!

He tried to wrap his arms around me a few times, whether that was intentional or really without a doubt intentional, but I just had to push him over.