Teen Talk

Description comes from a writer's imagination, but should end in the reader's. - Stephen King

Being weird is being unique and being unique is being yourself. - Me

Life isn't inspired by drama; drama is inspired by life. Accept what drama life brings you--and move on. - Unknown

Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change. - Unknown

In a Relationship, if you change who you are to be who someone expects you to be, then that is not considered as love but rather, a compromise. And there is no compromise in love. - Quote from a Movie

-Teen TALK! -

Best Friend Problems

By farhana/ Kitkattish

"You're such a B**ch!"

Those were the final words that you said while in a mad overdrive, right? Those words which infuriated her to the point where she wouldn't talk to you

Is that the right method?

NO. Seriously, no. Why? Because both of you are to blame.

If you fought with her for some silly reason that shouldn't be affecting your friendship, then you're both wrong. I mean, who would fight with their best friend about their boyfriends? Leave them be, it's their life.

I understand you want what's best for them, but sometimes they have to learn it the hard way. A fair warning will be more than enough (and P.S, you can totally tell them 'I told you so!').

Okay, what about fights involving the deep stuff? Like family problems? Or you found out that she was hanging out with your boyfriend at the mall? Or maybe, even the fact that the school turned against her? (Don't ask me, it could happen!)

Here's some ways to help you keep your best friend without causing too friction.

Talk to her.

I mean, come on. We're girls; we love gossip and talking. Talk to her, ask her what's making her so riled up and tensed. Ask why she's being so....moody. And if she snaps at you, stay quiet. She may not want to talk but she wouldn't want to be alone, either. It's something about girls that people usually never understand. We don't feel like talking and we say we want to be alone. But in truth, we just want the company of someone without talking to be a necessity. So try it. Talk out your problems with your best friend's attitude.

Try to be understanding.

Try to understand why she shortens conversations on the phone or texts. It's not that she doesn't like you, it's because she's having a hard time. Maybe her parents are having a divorce, maybe her little brother is in critical condition, maybe her uncle is trying to strangle her father like a chicken, maybe she's just stressed about having the family reunion next week. If she's busy with her family and ditches you at a party, don't get mad at her. You have other friends; they could always take you home.

Gently ask for an explanation. Don't snap.

Okay, so you heard rumors that your bestie was suddenly hanging out with your boyfriend at the mall. Unless you go up to them and ask them directly, you'll never get the real answer. Go to your girl and ask her to confirm the rumors. If she does indeed say that she hung out at the mall with your man, ask her why. Don't snap and call her hurtful names like 'b**ch' or 'wh*re'. Maybe she just ran into him at the mall, so they decided to gossip a little. If it turns out that he asked her, you go to him and talk to him about this. If you feel they have something going on behind your back, confront both of them and press for answers. If they are having something going on, they will tell you, because it will have to come out sooner or later. Then leave him, okay? If your best friend was able to get him, then it's pretty obvious that he wasn't really into you. Get a guy who acts like a brother towards your best friend and friend zones her, not check her out and tell you that he thinks she's a sexy beast.

So, those are a few tips on how you can keep your friendship with your closest friend without causing too much friction. Well, it may not be as helpful as you want, but it works. I have experience with all of the above (except for the strangling) and it works. Hope this helps, nevertheless!

Thank You for reading!