Teen Chic's Fashion Corner

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!

Back to school is a good time (for some ;) But you can make it MUCH better!!!

First things first:

STICK WITH YOUR OWN STYLE!!! Don't try to change (unless you want to) your style. Be yourself, and have FUN!!!

Shirts and/or blouses:

Plaids are 'in the new' right now, so maybe you'd want to try that. On my first day, I wore a red and yellow plaid shirt, because that's my style, PLUS, it's new right now. You can get some at JCPenny's, Justice, Dillard's, or basically anywhere that sells clothes.

Jackets:Okay, let's be serious. Jackets are sweet, if you know what's in and how to wear them!! Leather is STILL in, and if you haven't noticed by all the magazines and pictures, vintage is comin' back, baby!! Colorful jackets and/or patterned jackets are VERY in, so go with those!!

Shorts or jeans:

Skinny jeans and jeggings are in right now also. Try to pair some plaids (see above) with skinny jeans, because the skinniness of the jeans put more attention on the shirt. Now, shorts. It's hot here, so shorts are a MUST for me. The colored shorts or shorts with floral print are in right now too, and you get them basically ANYWHERE. I get mine from JCPenny's, and they are cool. I recently got some bright pink ones, I haven't worn them yet, but they pretty much identical to a turquoise pair I have.

Shoes:

In my opinion, combat boots, flats, high tops, and Converse, or Chuck Taylor's, are in. You can get them from:

JCPenny

Justice

Payless Shoe Source

The Shoe Department

or anywhere that sells shoes near you!!

----

AUTUMN

Autumn, for me, is my favorite part of year, because there are so many cute styles to choose from!!

Shirts and/or blouses:

Leather remains AWESOME, so stick with those. Try to skip the traditional black leather, so try to get the colored leather, like teal or lavender colored. Plaid still continues to LIVE ON!!! Stick with plaid!!! Oh! COLORS ARE IMPORTANT!! Go with colors that treat you skin tone and hair color fairly, like, for example, I look good in a forest green color. (It was a towel that proved that to me)

Jackets:YAY!!! MORE JACKETS!!! Alrighty!! Shall we? Okay I'm sorry. The jackets this year are oversized coats. If you like baggy sweaters or loose fitting jackets, this is PER-FECT for you!! (Sorry, Directioner moment there.) Leather is still in for autumn too, so go for it!

Shorts and/or jeans:

(A/N: I'm sorry if I use 'and/or' a lot, I just believe it gets the point across better...) From dark colored skinnys, to distressed boyfriend jeans, to beaded chambrays, and motto jackets, these are THE #1 denims of autumn!!!

Shoes:

They say the motto this year is, 'The Higher, The Better'. But I saw a post on I believe was Huffpost.com, they also said that 'Thigh High Boots' are in right now too. But then again, they were on a model at the New York fashion show. So, I don't think it'd be THE smartest you'll have going to school in 'thigh high' boots... But, in the 'Back To School' section (see above), the shoes are pretty much the same in this section. But I'll tell you again...Combat BootsFlatsHigh TopsConverse or Chuck Taylor's And the stores are still the same!!

See you guys next month!!! Bye!! Oh! I'm a new author, so tell me how you like me or my articles on my board, or you can PM me, or in the comments!! ;D

-Bailey, AKA ConverseConvos