Talking Nerdy

Talking Nerdy

with Seren Edwards

This Issue:

Your Opinion on the...Xbox One!

We all love the Xbox. Whether it's the Xbox 360 or the new Kinect, we can always feel the love with this gaming system. Now a brand new Xbox has been released. Claiming itself to be a state-of-the-art console, the Xbox One allows you to watch television and movies as well as play games. You switch between the options through the sound of your voice, and the console also comes with Kinect, which makes it sensitive to your movement and gestures as well.

There has been a major debate over the Xbox One. Some have compared it to the new PS4 that is also being released this year. As usual, price is an important area and Microsoft and Sony have announced different prices for their rival consoles. The PlayStation4 is cheaper at the price of £349($300), and the Xbox is £80($100) more at £429($500). But I suppose it's worth pointing out that the Xbox One's price includes the new Kinect sensor, but the PlayStation4 does not include the PlayStation Eye Camera. You need the Eye to be able to enjoy the PlayStation4 to its full extent.

The PS4 is also more impressive in processors and graphics overall, but both consoles have 500GB hard drive and a Blu-ray/DVD drive as standard. I interviewed a couple of people on what their thoughts were on the two consoles.

"Well, if you look at all the facts, technically the Xbox One is better. It has the Kinect and television built in. You can always trust Microsoft." Misty Williams, (@ForgettingMisty).

"Xbox One looks like a toaster my nan would use. If I wanted to watch television, I would buy a Sky box or something! They're just packing too much in a little box." Jett Edwards, (@WhenSatanCalls)

Now I want your opinions! What do you think?

Debatable!

You answer our questions!

Marvel or DC?

Xbox One or PlayStation4?

Superman or Iron Man?

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Lightsaber or machine gun?

Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter?

Pokémon or Naruto?

Research Time!

Answer this question correctly and you win a fan/dedication!

Who won Best Cover Artist at the Eisner Awards (Comic-Con)?

See you next time!

Next issue:

Nerdy fashion!