• c o n f e s s i o n

Liam closed the dresser's drawer when she entered the bedroom.

He knew what'd happen next. Liz would approach like a cat, opening the buttons of her shirt, whispering those words in his ears, and Hopkins would... let her.

He couldn't fight against her. She was like a damn force of nature.

When she pushed him to bed, laughing and sitting on his lap, Liam gulped. Eight months without seeing her, hearing the sound of her voice and touching her face.

Eight months.

She laughed against his lips, caressing his neck, chest and tracing every inch of his tired face with those warm fingertips. He closed his eyes for a moment, lost in her sweet smell.

Her hands were about to take his shirt off, but before she could get any further, he held her wrists. "What are we doing?" Liam asked in a lower voice.

"Do you want me to describe it, Liam?" Liz whispered against his ear, biting the lobe. "I had no idea you had this naughty side, handsome."

"You abandoned me and made me be arrested for the third time. What. Are. We. Doing?"

"Third time's a charm," she joked and tried to kiss him. Liam turned his face, and saw her lips forming an unamused thin line. "I thought you were fucking dead. And I want to have sex, that's what we're doing. Eight months, Liam. Eight months are an eternity."

Silence filled the room. He loosened the grip on her wrists.

"It's not that, Liz," Liam whispered, beaten. "What are we doing with our lives?"

"What's this all about?" Liz snapped. He looked into her green eyes and waited. Please, understand. The shadow of a bitter smile painted her face with a dark color. "Look who's abandoning who right now, Hopkins."

Liz tried to get up from his lap, so Liam hugged her by the waist and said, for the first time, that he loved her.

But you know that. You always know everything. Liam touched her scarred belly and sighed when her fingers caressed his hair. He kissed Liz's chin and tried to not look at her, but it was hard to ignore that curious gaze in her bright green eyes.

They stayed so much time in silence, sharing that hug and gaze, that he felt complete for the first time in months. Liam knew Spankin' was in the room by the end of the corridor and that the morning was coming, but it didn't matter.

Nothing really mattered, actually. She was in his arms again.

"Let's have some sleep, Liam." Liz's voice wasn't more than a whisper. He nodded, beaten again.

That was the only confession he'd get from her.

▬▬▬▬

[A/N] → So, we're in the middle of the story! I'd love to hear your opinions (and critics) so far. Share, comment and vote if you like. If you have any question, or would like to chat, just PM me :)

Thank you :)