• n e e d

He opened his eyes after hearing her laugh. It took a few seconds to Hopkins realize he had slept on the lodge's couch, the sore leg still resting on the coffee table. He grunted, thanking Clark for the beer bottle she shoved into his hands.

"What time is it?"

"It's late," Clark tittered, sitting beside him. They remained in silence, hearing the wind blowing on the trees outside. Hopkins took a big sip of beer, distrusting her quietness. "How's your leg?"

"Great. It was just the sustaining beam of a three hundred years-old house that almost crushed it," he smiled, taking another sip. Clark smirked and they came back to that silence full of requests. Hopkins laughed, shaking his head. "You know what's really fascinating? You."

"How so?"

He looked into her green eyes, admiring the brown stains that circled her vivid irises and simpered. "You do this since college, Liz." Hopkins laughed. "When you want sex but don't wanna ask for it, you just... just make small talk. And we both know how much you hate small talk."

She chuckled, raising her eyebrows. "You got me, Liam. Is it working?"

"Yeah, it's fucking hard to resist you," Hopkins declared, smirking and having another sip of beer. "But you were the one who wanted to keep it strictly professional, baby."

Before he could say another word, her lips were creating a trail of slow kisses up his neck. Liam shivered when he felt Liz's mouth bite his ear lobe. "Can we forget that for one night?"

Damn, you're so weak. All she had to do was to whisper a couple of words and it was done; his whole body craved for her, shivering because of her breath, her touch, the sound of her voice. Shit.

"You'll have to carry me to bed. And since I'm kinda broken," he said, before his mind could find a reason to give up. Liam kissed her and breathed the words against her lips, "you'll have to stay on top of me all night, my love."

Elizabeth's face shone, and Liam smiled.

That would be the best decision of his year.