• c o d e

Not even all Holt's men — with Hopkins' help — could raise the goddamn stone door. Sweaty and completely bemused, the thugs glanced at their boss, waiting for orders. Holt puckered his thin lips.

"We're losing time here," he complained, pointing the gun at Clark. "And I'm getting really impatient."

"I don't know what to do!" Hopkins yelled. "This shit won't open like this!"

"Then look above and start to pray, Mr. Hopkins."

He triggered the gun, resting the barrel against Clark's temple. Look above. Hopkins froze. "Wait," he said, his eyes analyzing the eagle on the top of one door. "Above God... Charlie, give me a boost here."

Charlie shared a quick look with Holt, who nodded his permission. Hopkins leaned on the ex-partner, exaggerating his weight – an action that resulted in a hundred of complains and bad words from Charlie – before pulling the eagle's scepter down. The door started to move slowly, and everyone held their breaths.

The imperial eagle carved on the floor, in the middle of the hall, spun, filling everyone's ears with the sound of rusty gears working. Hopkins swallowed dry. The eagle's figure was formed in front of their eyes, but one piece was still upside down. Hopkins looked at the dark corridor and understood that, once the puzzle was complete, the Romanov's Vault would be open.

"Fascinating!" Clark exclaimed, ignoring the thug's rifle and smiling to the puzzle. "Great use of codes."

"Barlow." Holt licked his lips, delighted by the new path. "Go with Hopkins."