• t r i u m p h

The cargo plane was about to leave.

Inside the hangar of that old airport, Holt was screaming at the thugs, carrying the commercial cargo plane with the treasure. Hopkins waited, and when the opportunity came, he sneaked on the plane, avoiding every thug on the deck. In the middle of the Romanov's treasure, hid between cargo boxes filled with golden coins, crowns, scepters and the coffin of Peter The Great, Hopkins waited.

When the plane gained the air, he silently choked every man inside the cargo. Hopkins' body was shaking after he eliminated the last man near the cockpit door, taking his pistol.

You'll be the next, Holt.

He kicked the cockpit door and shot the co-pilot's head. Holt stood up from the pilot seat, taking off the headphones and gazing at Hopkins with bloodshot eyes.

"You're hard to kill, Mr. Hopkins," he said after a while, smiling. "But so am I."

Before Hopkins could say anything, Holt swerved the plane and tackled him. Bewildered, Hopkins shot, but the bullet ricocheted on the control panel, cracking the pilot's window. A deafening sound filled the cockpit, but it wasn't enough to stop Holt punches.

Hopkins shoved the man, got on his feet, held Holt's neck and hit his well-groomed head against the control panel. "Die, you son of a—"

Holt elbowed his stomach and Hopkins gasped, releasing the man's sweaty neck and giving him the opportunity to ran away through the cockpit door. "Come back here, you little shit!" Hopkins yelled, leaning on the walls, arched body and bleeding nose.

He followed Holt and became paralyzed with the vision.

The cargo plane door was open, sucking the Romanov's treasure directly to the sea while Holt was trying to keep every box on its place.

His bloodshot eyes found Hopkins. Holding a thug's rifle, Holt shot, screaming. With a quick movement, Hopkins ran for cover. Behind the coffin of Peter The Great, he saw a parachute. Thank God.

"This is not fair!" Holt screamed, throwing the empty gun through the door. Hopkins pushed the coffin with his shoulder, whimpering and cursing at the heavy stone. "I've been searching my whole life for this—"

Hopkins jumped over the coffin and tackled Holt, both falling off the plane.

In the air, Holt tried to pull him down, cussing. Hopkins kicked him away and opened the parachute.

Instantly going up, he saw Richard Holt going down, followed by the coffin of Peter The Great. His eager hands grabbed the coffin in the air, and Hopkins could swear he listened Richard Holt laughing all the way down to his own misery.

▬▬▬▬

Still rolled up on the colorful fabric of the parachute, Liam Hopkins chuckled. Laying on the grass, receiving distrustful looks from three countrymen who were probably judging him crazy, he felt his lungs burning.

But it didn't matter.

It was over, at last.

▬▬▬▬

[AN] → One more chapter and it's over! I'm so happy for the 1K, you guys are the best :) Also, see you on Sunday with the last chapter of AWP :) ♥ xrachel.