Chapter Four

Ever since the tiny event, Mistoffelees was trying it out more by trying to lift things mentally. But it wouldn't always work, at least the way he wanted it to be, and this frustrated him.

He always practiced alone until one day Tugger clapped at the success of Misto lifting a handkerchief and making forms with it in the air. Misto turned around and grinned, "Look, Tugger, look!" The handkerchief changed colors every second.
"Wow, what talent!" Tugger chuckled.
Misto bowed down, "Mind being my assistant?" He held out his paw.
Tugger cooed and nodded, "Yes! I'm finally the assistant of a professional magician." He teased.
"Shush! I'm trying to focus. Sit, Tug."
Tugger did as told and then the tux wrapped the handkerchief around his neck.
"Now... I need you to meow the loudest you can!"
"Wh—"
"Do it!"
A heavy, desperate sigh came out of Tugger. He mewed loudly yet lazily. He looked over at Misto moving his paws in a circular motion; they were glowing.

What is it that he's doing, Tugger asked himself. Suddenly, the sound waves of the mew could be seen in the colors of the rainbow. There were also sparkles mixed within. He gasped and looked down at the little kit, "H-How is... What—I..."
Mistoffelees giggled and bowed down again, "Thanks. You can get up now." He purred and took the handkerchief.
Tugger glared at him with his muzzle ajar. He was speechless.
Misto took notice of him, "What?" His face turned red: he was now feeling embarrassed. He did no longer want to be watched.
Tugger shook his head, "N-Nothing... I mean—that... That was amazing, Misto! How did you do that?!"
"I don't know... It's just an abili... Abili... Blergh!"
"Ability?"
"Yes!"
"No, that's not an ability, Misto! That's a talent! You'll definitely hit the spotlight whenever you attend your first Ball!" Tugger grinned.
"You think so?"
"Yes, absolutely."
"How many more years do I have till I can?"
"Uh... About four... Mac, Munku and I have already attended our first Ball."
"You?"
"Yes, this year. About two months ago, three weeks before we found you and your sister."
"Oh, I know! Victoria and I climbed the rooftops to be safe from wild cats and from there we could see everything!"

Silence...

Tugger sighed. Safe from wild cats...
It was nice to have the young tux around, but he wasn't glad that the reason he was there was because of the war. But seeing him happy made him happy.

"Misto?"
"Hm?"
"Do you... Do you miss your parents?"
The little tux didn't respond to this straight away. Instead, he gave him a glare that would scare most cats, "Do I look like I do?"
The golden Maine coon was shocked to get this response, "You mean... You don't miss them? W-Wow."
"I do, but... They chose Victoria over me. You can't say I really loved them much, either."
Tugger frowned even more. Why would someone neglect their kitten, he thought disappointedly.
"I was not older than one year when she was born."
"Oh no. How old are you exactly?"
"I'm six, almost seven."
Tugger found took the opportunity to change the subject, for he was getting upset with this one, "Ah, so you have three more years to go for your first Ball!"
"O-Oh! But it's still too much time!" Mistoffelees groaned.
Tugger giggled, "There's a saying that goes 'Time flies'. Just be patient and time won't go slow, I promise."
"Are you sure?"
"Mhm. Completely sure about that."

Mistoffelees smiled and hugged Tugger tightly, "Even though you're not my real brother you're like one to me."
Tugger purred at this, "It's nice to be like an older brother to someone."
Misto grinned slightly, looking up at Tugger, and purred back. He then looked at the growing mane of the other and began pulling strands of it, "How is it that you're comf... comfortable.. with all this much fur?"
Tugger yowled, "Owww!!! Don't do that!"
"I mean, I can make a scarf out of this!"
"Please, I beg you, don't pull more f—"

He eyed the tux, who was literally making a scarf, thought it had changed color and it enlarged every time the it was pulled sideways. His eyes widened, "How is that even possible, I don't understand!"
"It's magic, Tug! Do you believe in it?"
"I mean, in stories I used to, but... Now that you have arrived here you have proved me wrong on all levels!"
Misto chuckled, "Have I?"
"Of course! I'm truly amazed."
"Now I'll be like you." Mistoffelees stuck out his tongue as he wrapped the scarf around his neck.
"Okay, that's not funny at all. Don't make me mad—you wouldn't like me when I'm mad." Tugger murmured desperately.
"But look, does this scarf look good on me?" Misto twirled around and posed funnily.
"Well... It kind of does."
Misto grinned and giggled.