Chapter Twenty

Ever since Mistoffelees gave birth, word spread around the yard quickly and everyone started to visit the two to see the new members of the tribe.
Victoria and Plato were the first. The white queen was delighted to see her nieces and nephews, "What have you named them?" She purred, petting one of the kits.
"You see the calico? Her name is Faustina."
"Ooh, good fortune! I see..."
"She has bicolor eyes. It's a sign of good luck in the history of Sorcerer Felines. Those born with them are twice as like to have magical powers than their siblings."
"That's so sweet of you. I know she'll be one lucky cat—with her siblings, of course!" Victoria chuckled.
Mistoffelees chuckled along with her, licking the kit who was a spitting image of Tugger.
"Aww, look at that one! Isn't he like his father?"
"Yes, he is. This is Dayton."
Victoria waved her paw slowly at the newborn. Another knock was heard afterwards. Tugger went to open it. Why, it was Munkustrap!
"How are my nieces and nephews doing, eh? And especially my brother—congratulations, you've become a father!" The silver tabby hugged the Maine coon right.
"Misto?"
"Hmm?" The tux looked up.
"Congratulations to you, too. I shall tell you, it's one of the most beautiful moments: your kits cuddling next to you, watching them grow... It's a dream."
"I'm already experiencing that." Misto purred.
There was a soft wail. It was the white-eared kit.
"And who is this little guy?" Munku petted his ears.
"That's Dean." Tugger purred out.
"He's gorgeous, brother."
"Yes, just like his mother, in additional those ears of his—so unique."
"That's what I thought."

The other four were Aaron, their first-born. A tiny bright blue-eyed kitten with a golden-brown-colored pelt. Louis, the sixth-born was the same, except a bit darker. Harmonia was the second-born. She was also a tux, but with a white ear and a whiter chest and belly. Athena, their fifth-born, had a solid black body with a white face and mane.
Even if they all looked a bit similar to one another, they were all more different than what you'd expect.

They spent the entire day like this, and then their visitors left.
Tugger sighed, sitting beside his mate and kits.
"Are they drinking mommy's milk again?" He chuckled.
"Yes, they always are. They're always hungry—or even if they're not, they want to continue eating."
"Dinner time it is. Speaking of it, I brought us some fresh and clean pieces of pork."
"Oh, my... That looks delicious. I'll eat with you after I feed them."

Harmonia was kneading her part of the tux's chest, wanting the milk to come out, but the nipple had already begun to dry up. She let out what is to be known as a wail.

"I think she wants more milk." Tugger petted her ears.
"Yeah, but... Her part has already begun to dry up. And if one of them shares with her, that one will dry up, too, and then there will be no more milk left from me!" Mistoffelees sighed.
"If she was never that hungry this would've not happened."
"True. Come on, honey, just drink up a bit more; what's left of it."

The kitten kept letting out cries.
"No, she won't."
"Well, there's a method with a syringe."
"Syringe? How does that work?"
"You just basically have to have some milk for kittens and put the syringe in it, and then give them the drops of milk, but gently."
"But where will we get that milk from, Tugger?"
"Jenny has some, don't worry. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be telling you this."
Misto sighed, looking down at his kits prodding for and drinking his milk.
Tugger caressed him on the brow, "You're such a great mom, and they love you for it."
"Same goes to you, daddy." Misto giggled softly.
Tugger pawed at his face, "Oh, shush." He chuckled along with the tux.

They spent their whole night like this, but little did they know Macavity had been watching...

He was jealous...