Chapter Twenty-One

Mistoffelees awoke to prodding from his kittens. He looked down at then purred, smiling softly. He then looked over at his side.
Tugger... gone.
He thought his mate had some business to do, but then there was a loud knocking on the door. He gently put his kits in their basket and went to open it.
To his surprise, it was Munkustrap carrying an injured Tugger; the Maine coon was covered in scratches and blood.
"Everlasting, what happened?!" Misto cried, licking Tugger's wounds clean.
"Macavity... Macavity," Tugger murmured under his breath.
The tux widened his eyes, "W-What about him?"
"Our... Our kittens... H-He wants them... Wants them all... But I won't let him... And I'll fight for them until I die, no matter what."
"Tugger, hush... Lie down, lie down..."

Misto began treating Tugger's deeper wounds, licking and pawing at them so they would close quicker. Tugger hissed in pain, clutching the sheets tight.
"Sh, sh, sh... You'll be alright, don't panic."
But the coon was badly wounded indeed. It was painful to watch him pant and whimper.
"There, it's all better now." The tux purred faintly. He then turned to their kits, who were wobbly pacing towards their father. Four of them were just opening their eyes for the first time.
The couple looked at them, feeling happiness deep within.
The trio were Dayton, Athena and Harmonia.
"C'mere, darlings." Tugger purred, cradling his offsprings in arms.
They squirmed and cuddled with each other, Harmonia then lay on his chest.
"They're our lovely kitties."
"Yes, they are indeed."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There was a hench-cat in the two-story den, "Master, what are you doing?"
"Planning stuff."
"Murder? You're going to murder?"
"Well... I don't think it's the best idea."
"Innocent Lives, eh? They have the purest blood, Master. I think it's the best."
"Ahhh, yes... The Purest Blood of the Purest Lives. I doubt a few drops on my pelt won't hurt a little, then."
"No, Master."
"Well, then, Plato. You have now fully encouraged me. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have you as a hench-cat."
"Thanks, Master. Am I allowed to leave now?"
"Yes, you may leave. I'll call you when needed." The red-ginger tabby smirked and chuckled, laughing afterwards.