Chapter Nine

Mistoffelees awoke in the middle of one night. He couldn't really sleep. All those things Tugger told him—unbelievable!
He looked to his side: a sleeping golden Maine coon there was.
He sneered and scoffed, "For all I care..." He got off the bed and began taking his own stuff. He found a big, brown sack and began putting all of his belongings in it.

Tugger awoke to the noise. He turned over to see what was going on, "Misto, what the hell are you doing at this hour?!" He gasped.
"None of your business, freak!" The tux hissed with force.
Tugger blinked in shock, "Excuse me?"
"Yes, freak. A gross freak and weirdo you are." Misto tied a noose from the sack.
"I-I seriously have no absolute idea of what you're talking about."
"Well, you should!"
"Even so, where do you think you're going? The Forest? You'll get sick—I have the experience. It's best if you stay with me. I'm still in charge of you, you know that."
"Screw that! I'm not staying with a flirt! Now, let me be!" He jumped off the window.

Tugger swore under his breath as he watched the young tux jump off. He immediately ran towards the window but saw no trace of him.
He decided to go looking for him whatsoever, and went to get a fine rope from the Locked Room in the den.
He then tied it to a firm place in his room, throwing it out the window afterwards.
He held onto it tight and let himself go.

Landing softly on the ground, he began running towards he thought the tux could be.
He could've possibly not gone that far, he thought.
But after some time of looking anywhere he could be, he gave up. He looked through the Ruins of The Forest, behind the den of Jelly and Jenny, the Centre of The Forest... Even The Cave and The Waterfall! Little Mistoffelees was nowhere to be found.

Tugger sulked his head, tearing up. What could have he said that the other decided to run away? He called him a freak and a weirdo, and escaped out of the blue.
"A freak and a weirdo..." The Maine coon murmured, "Could it have been...?"
He then remembered what he had told the tuxedo, "Sh-Shit! He doesn't want to be around me anymore for it! Ugh, I need to tell him that... That... It's all a misunderstanding! Boy, he hates me now. I'm the worst!" He groaned and kicked the ground vigorously repeatedly.
"I need to... To make things up for him."

He then got filled with determination once again and continued looking for the young tuxedo tom. He called his name several times, but got no response, yet he still continued.

Tugged went inside the Cave again, hoping he'd see him there.
He heard quiet sobbing deeper into it. He slowly approached the waterfall. He found Mistoffelees there and ran to hug him, "Ah, there you are! I was worried about you. Im sorry if I–" His sentence got interrupted by a shove Misto gave him, "Shut up, weirdo. I don't need to be around anyone like you." He sniffed.
"Fine. You stay away from me, but you still have Victoria, don't you?"
Misto turned his head slowly to Tugger, "I do, why?"
"Because you all of sudden decided to run away. Come on, let's go back–"
"DON'T LIE YOUR DIRTY, FAT PAWS ON MY STUFF!!!"
"Mistoffelees, that's enough! Look, I know you think I'm going insane because of what I told you, but the truth is..." Tugger let out a heavy sigh, "There's no need to be afraid of me. It's not like I'd force you into mating or something, because... Really?" He chuckled, "We're still kittens and there's still so much more for us to live! Maybe this affection I believe I have is an illusion of me being very close to you; temporary, even. Who knows? You  trust me, don't you, Mistoffelees?" He held out his paw.
The tux suspiciously looked up at the Maine coon. He shook his head.
Tugger frowned and pulled his paw back, "Oh. Okay then. I see... You hate me. Well, I guess this is goodbye, after all."  He set off and walked back home.

This left little Misto pondering, though.
Tugger was indeed a reliable tom. He was always honest, like right now.

Mistoffelees snarled and called for him desperately.
But nobody came...