Chapter Nineteen

Author's note: This chapter may contain some graphic birthing. If you don't like it you can skip it.

The brightness of the moon hit Mistoffelees in the corner of his eyes. He awoke due to cramps.But these cramps actually weren't the normal ones. He suddenly felt something run down his leg before feeling a contraction. Before he began screaming in pain, he groaned loudly, clutching his stomach. Were the kits actually choosing now to be born? And if they were, why did it have to be now? He got off of bed and went into the kits' room. He leaned against a wall, still groaning. He was panting hard, gulping as he was this close to screaming. He looked down: a pool of blood on the floor, which also soaked the fur between his legs. He flattened his ears, gritting his teeth. It was time—time to deliver the kittens.

He decided to make a nest for himself before things got really bad. He found every possible soft object in the den to make the nest. But this panicking wasn't helping. The contractions he felt near his pelvis were too strong by now for him to handle, though once again, he found a piece of cloth to bite on to muffle his screams. He didn't want to wake up Tugger—at least not like this. 

The tuxedo tom continued feeling the extreme sharp pains within him up to the point he couldn't bear it and began screaming, kneeling down on the blankets and pillows he had surrounded around himself. 

Tugger jolted awake to his mate screaming. He immediately ran towards the room the tux was in, "Mistoffelees, what's going on?" He panicked.
"Tugger, I think... I think they're coming!"
"Everlasting," Tugger said under his breath, "I'll go find help, you–"
"N-No, Tugger! They're coming right now!"
Tugger glared at him with a frantic look. He laid him down gently on the nest and turned on the light as he prepared everything that was needed: he got a few towels and a bucket of warm water (Munkustrap taught him after Demeter gave birth herself).
He spread the tux's legs as he unwrapped one of the towels, "Are you ready, sweetie?" He murmured in a calm tone.
Mistoffelees nodded softly, clutching onto the sheets.
"Alright. Push!" Tugger encouraged him.

Mistoffelees screamed as he began pushing hard; with all his might to bring his first kitten into the world.
He had never felt so much pain before in his life.
"Go on, you're doing well." The Coon kept the encouraging. He was looking for any signs of a head.

The tux continued pushing until a kitten began to crown; feeling a tiny body coming out of his. Screaming in absolute pain, he just instinctively kept on going, not hesitating a little to even stop. He took deep breaths in between. Tugger being there for him was what encouraged him most. 
Clutching onto the sheets tight, he pushed a bit more until he heard the cries of a newborn: the kit was out.
He had the golden fur of his father, and had the most adorable face.
Tugger wrapped him in one of the towels after dabbing him clean with the warm water and gently cutting off the umbilical chord with his claws, "It's our son, Misty." He gave the small kitten to his mother, "He's... adorable."
"Of course he is."
Tugger then put the little kitten in a clean basket he had been keeping.

Misto began pushing again as he felt the other one coming.
Tugger again sat, waiting for the next kitten. This one was one of the three queens, and she was a tuxedo, just like her mother.
Misto continued, pushing the third kitten out. As its head came out slowly, it could be seen it had white-pointed ears. Its body slowly came out of its mother's; it was soon out. It was yet another baby tom, who was also a tuxedo.

One by one, they were brought into the world. And when it was time for the last one to arrive, Mistoffelees refused to continue. He felt like he couldn't. He just lay there, gulping down and breathing heavily. Tugger frowned at this sight—he didn't like seeing his mate like this at all. But he mate encouraged the tux and made him continue. Misto screamed in great agony.
Slowly, the kitten's head started to come out, then her torso, and finally herself. She was a beautiful calico queen.

As soon as they were born, Mistoffelees purred, licking them...
He cradled each in arms.
He couldn't believe it—he had become a mother! He lay on his side as all of them were hungry. They mewed and purred, drinking from their mother's milk.

Tugger and Mistoffelees had at last become proud parents...