Chapter Fifteen

The two toms were still living together, and it appeared that Mistoffelees grew more and more affectionate of Tugger, as well, and he wanted to tell him so. Not to mention they weren't far from the Jellicle Ball, either. He brushed back his head-fur and yawned, looking down at Tugger.

The tux nudged the Coon awake, "Good morning, lazy-bones."
"Wh-What...?" Tugger mumbled.
"I have something important to tell you."
"What?"
Misto took a deep breath—then giggled, "I have to admit that I have started to like—no... Love you, as much as you do."
Tugger rose, "R-Really?! You're not saying this because I kept you and love you myself, are you?"
"Nuh-uh. Tsk, why would I do so?" Misto crawled into the sheets, snuggling with the Maine coon.
"Well, then I finally want to ask you the question I've been holding for a very long time," Tugger grinned, slowly opening his muzzle to form words. He softly murmured, "Will you be my mate?"
Mistoffelees blushed and grinned excitedly, "Y-Yes, of course I would!" He began to purr, wrapping his tail around the other.
"And now, we wait for the Ball to come."
"Yes." Misto hugged the other, still snuggling and purring.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The day of the Ball had come, but once it was time for the new mates to be declared, there were no known couples. Plato and Victoria weren't still so sure—and Victoria was also too young.
Besides them, no-one was known to be mates with someone, until Tugger decided to go right under the 'spotlight' (the moon itself). The cats began murmuring on who was he going to mate with. They all knew he had the love for Mistoffelees, but then they thought he'd chosen Bombalurina at last.

Ha ha ha ha... How ironic.
Mistoffelees rose from the bundles of fur he was between, slowly approaching the Maine coon.
He looked at the buff tom up and down, unsure about it, after all.
Their noses slowly met together before their muzzles did.
Tugger then caressed the tux from his chest down to his hips.
Misto slowly turning around, he let the other caress his back with his claws, then getting himself lifted up. He stretched one leg, which Tugger also ran his thin, soft fingers on. The coon then lowered the tux.

Misto leaned backwards a little

Misto leaned backwards a little. He could feel Tugger's fingers run slowly through his white fur on his chest once again. At that precise moment, he appeared to be glowing a lilac color.
This caught everyone's attention.
Tugger just... glared at Mistoffelees. He slightly smirked as he saw the tux with closed eyes, his breathing which could be seen. 
Tugger brought him to his muzzle. Misto, indeed, returned the kiss back, wrapping himself around the golden tabby. Tugger then lowered the tux and himself again.
He was now mates to the tom of his dreams! It was a dream come true. He couldn't believe it. He was grinning inside like an idiot—outside he was purring and smiling as he gazed into the tuxedo's eyes.

The others were, well, shocked (again).
Etcetera, however, was elated for the two of them.
When the Ball was over, she ran towards Tugger, "Tuggs! Congrats!"
"Ah, thanks, Etcy... I guess?"

The new couple arrived at their den (it was considered theirs before it all, anyway). They lay down, smiling and chuckling as they looked at each other.

"You... You are amazing, Tugger."
"Only for you." The Maine coon stroke the tux's cheek, purring as he would gaze into his eyes.
He could see the night-sky in them: the many stars and huge full moon; a beautiful image squeezed into the brown-colored eyes of a small tuxedo cat.

Mistoffelees began falling asleep, wrapping himself around his new mate, purring faintly as he buried his face into the coon's mane and chest.
Tugger stroke his back gently, "Whatever we do, I promise we'll always be together at all times."
"I promise it, too." Misto mewed.

The two tomcats had finally achieved their main goal. But there's still so much more to be done...

"Tugger?"
"Yes?"
"Kiss me... gently."
"I don't see why not."

Tugger softly pressed his muzzle against Mistoffelees' slowly.
It was your typical French Kiss. The kiss lasted for quite a while until Misto broke it by completely closing his eyes due to sleep.