Chapter Five

Tugger cuddled Mistoffelees close. He wanted to tell him so many things. He had failed his promise. As he cuddled him more, he began to cry quietly, "It's my fault you've been injured. When you wake up don't say that you forgive me. I should have stepped in: you needed me."
He didn't realize Misto was awake, and replied as if nothing was wrong with him, "I didn't need you. I only tried to save you from Macavity." He whispered.
Tugger widened his eyes and brushed his tears away, "But... But... He abused of you!"
"He almost strangled you, too. There's no need to feel guilty, Tug."
"Misto, I had sworn to take care of you. But Jenny telling me you... Never mind."
"I have a fracture in the head, yes."
Tugger glared at him with wide eyes, "How do you...?"
"I was conscious when she said it."
"Oh, well... Yes, when she told me that I lost it. I had let him... He almost killed you! If you were dead right now I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably feel guilty for the rest of my life for letting my brother murder such a young kit. It's like you're not safe either way. There's war in Ohreleon and here we have Macavity. I don't know what could be worse."
"Macavity."
"What, why?"
"Because at first you think you can trust him but he's the traitor himself."
"So wise at this age, I can't believe my ears!"
Misto giggled and yawned afterwards, "Can't we go back to sleep? I'm very tired."
"I don't see why not." Tugger yawned as well and rested his head on the pillow Jenny had left for him. He once again cuddled Misto close to him, though he didn't really expect the tux to purr. Well, at least he could tell that the young one was happy.

The night passed.
Jenny had stayed up, keeping an eye on both. When Jelly arrived at the den, she was surprised to see Jenny already there, "Did someone come here at an early hour, my dear?"
"Yes, and very early indeed. It was almost four."
"Everlasting! What happened, who was it?"
Jenny gave a heavy sigh, "Poor Tugger was going crazy waiting outside the den for a response. He had Mistoffelees in arms. I found him crying loudly. The tux was unconscious and I asked what happened. Well, he told me that Macavity and him—Tugger—were fighting, Mistoffelees stepped in and Macavity abused of him."
"Abused? How is that?" Jelly tutted, "He's becoming so much dangerous. He thinks himself powerful. In little time he'd be haunting this place. What's wrong with him?"
"I couldn't agree more. Besides, I don't think Grizabella wants to deal with him anymore. I don't know about Deuteronomy."
"Ol' fluffy guy... He's so patient. That's why he still can let Macavity stay in this tribe. But the rest of us—not to mention kittens—are suffering from his acts."
"You're right. Oh, young Jennyanydots, always trust thy sister Jellylorum." Jenny smiled and chuckled as she looked up at Jelly.

Then there was a loud cry from one of the rooms. Jenny looked at Jelly and signaled her over. But Tugger was there before them. He was hyperventilating, "Th-There's... There's blood on his muzzle!"
Jenny widened her eyes and went to check on the black and white kitten. She took the bundle and noticed he was unconscious once again, and the bleeding wasn't from outside his muzzle: it was coming from the inside.
"Tugger, you need to go back home. Immediately!"
"But..."
"No 'but's, Tugger. Go!"

Tugger was panicking like someone insane. What had he done? He deserved a fair Life Quest from the Everlasting Cat. A kitten younger than him who he was in charge of was dying before his eyes, all because his older brother had abused of the kit.
As soon as he got home he saw Macavity, "You!"
The red ginger tabby turned to face the Maine coon, "What?"
"You're destroying the friendship and closeness between me and Misto!"
Macavity saw and took his chance to taunt his brother, "What, are you two already planning to mate?"
"Wh-What! You're nasty! That's not what I meant!"
"So what? You couldn't take care of him and now you're all alone."
"You planned it, didn't you?"
"Heh. I sure did. A miserable idiot doesn't deserve a younger brother."
"But he has a sister! Much younger than him!"
"And do I look like I care?"
Tugger was getting more frustrated at him. He began swaying his tail desperately. Luckily, Grizabella entered the room, "You two! What's going on here?" She called.
"Nothing, mother!" Tugger replied anxiously.
"Yes, listen to him!" Macavity added.
Though the duo were quietly hissing and growling at each other.
"You're not gonna start another fight, are you? Jenny told me everything, Tugger. What did they tell you?"

The Maine coon felt his sins crawling upon his back. He didn't want to talk about it.

"Th-They told me to keep an eye all day long..." He stuttered.
"And what about you, Macavity? Who taught you to be this... This monster you're becoming?"
"Mother, I-I... I swear I..."
"You shut up if you're not gonna speak properly."

The two were feeling quite pissed. They just left the room; Macavity to his and Tugger outside. Though, he was very surprised to see Jenny there—not just surprised, but a sense of shock and horror tingled down his spine.

Jenny had tears running down her cheeks. She curled her lip and looked down, "Tugger, I need you to come with me."
Why did she have this look? Did something happen to Mistoffelees? He was feeling way worse. He just wished he could end this nightmarish feeling he was having.
They arrived at the den, where Jenny led the young golden tabby into a very quiet room. There was the small tux.

Jenny breathed in deeply, "Tugger, do you know what 'comma' is?"
Tugger turned his head abruptly, "HE'S IN A COMMA?!" He yelped.
Jenny nodded slowly, "I'm afraid so..."
"H-How?"
"You know about the fracture I told you about."
Tugger paced backwards slowly before running off into The Forest. Jenny tried running after him but thought she couldn't leave Mistoffelees a second time.

He kept running deeper into the woods, crying his eyes out. He came across a tree, where he banged his head vigorously before kneeling down to the ground, "I should have listened to Mother! None of this would have happened! It's my fault... It's all my fault! He's better off at Jenny and Jelly's. He wouldn't have gotten hurt—not even a scratch—if he had stayed there from the very beginning. Everlasting Cat, I'm sorry for being so... So stupid."

And there he stayed. He didn't want to be found: he wanted to be alone for a long time.