Chapter Seven

The area was actually a secret garden. It had flowers with a blue glow surrounding them. The garden was blue itself because it was covered in those flowers, along with some lotus flowers floating above the crystal-clear water.

The two were amazed by this scenery

"It's like your own garden, Misty."
Mistoffelees was, well, mesmerized! His jaw hung ajar as he looked over at the cyan flowers with their glow. He picked up two: one for himself, and the other for Tugger. Though, as he gave it to Tugger, a few sparkles sprung out of his paw. He widened his eyes.
"Maybe it's a connection between you and the flower?" The Maine coon suggested.
"Hmm... Perhaps you're right."
Tugger still took the flower and smelled it, "Mmm... Oh, wow. It smells like... Uhhh... What? I can't find a word for this smell."
Misto smelled his, "Mmm... Smells like..."
The two looked at each other. Neither of them knew what the smell was like.

"It's a unique smell, Misty. Like milk, maybe?"
"Yes, milk!" Misto dashed over to the waters running. He put a paw in the water then licked it, "Whoa! Tug, come! The water also... It tastes like cream!"
"Cream, you say?" Tugger grinned and went to try some himself, "Mmm! You're right! Whoa, is this place isolated or are we invading, like in the stories Munkustrap tells us?" He giggled
"It's isolated. Shall we explore more, Tug?"
"Yes, of course!"

The duo kept walking, looking at their surroundings, holding paws so they wouldn't get lost. Suddenly, Misto dashed over to some floating fish.
"Tuggs, come look at this!"
"Wow! This place is a big mirage! Maybe your powers come from here."
Misto nodded in agreement as touched the fish's water and turned into golden dust, "Maybe."
"Shouldn't we go back? I believe we've gone too far already. Maybe we'll return next time."
"Yahooey! Now we own two secret areas! Two!" Misto jumped up happily, "No-one else knows about them so they're ours!"
"The Forest isn't ours, Misty."
"Oh..."
"It's to divide the Jellicles and Ohreleans, I told you."
"Awww..."
"It's been there for decades. Even before dad and mom got chosen as leaders for the tribe."
"And who'd be next, will you and your future queen rule the tribe?" Misto teased, "And small prince and princess kittens would hop about the yard!"
"That would be Munkustrap, I'm sure. Not me."
"Why not?"
"Because I'm not a leader."
"Says who?"
"I do." Tugger laughed.
"But you've been taking care of me so well, why–"
"That's because it's different. I couldn't possibly handle a family and a tribe all at once."
"Okay, so... Choose one."
"Family."

Silence...
It was so silent, you could hear the echoes of dripping water.

"I don't see anything wrong with that. Being a parent is beautiful. Though, as Mom said, it does have its consequences. And I'm learning through you, Mistoffelees. You've taught me a lot, to be honest."
"You're welcome." Misto teased.

The two giggled and then decided to go back home once and for all.