Chapter Sixteen

After about two weeks after having mated to Tugger, Mistoffelees began feeling quite giddy and ill. Every morning, he woke up seeing his surroundings way blurrier than before. Though, he didn't tell Tugger himself until it got pretty intense.

He called out for his mate's name. The Maine coon came running, "What is i–... Everlasting! Look at you! Poor little soul, are you sick?"
"I-I think so.. I've stared to think Macavity poisoned me overnight... but a slow-killing poison."
"No, he wouldn't do that. He's never murdered anyone."
Mistoffelees moaned and groaned in pain.
"Hush. We'll get you to Jenny's and let her check on you, okay, sweetie?"
"Yes..."

Mistoffelees was trembling and gagging now. The dizziness had gone, but he still had the feeling of throwing up.
Tugger looked down at the gagging cat, who was clutching stomach badly. He wrapped an arm around the other, "Misty, do you need to throw up?"
"Y-Yeah..."
"Come over here, then."
Tugger led Misto to a cornered grassy area nearby. There, Misto threw up. You could tell he was feeling rather sick. He felt weak, too.
Tugger was worried about him, but as soon as they arrived at Jelly and Jenny's den he decided to keep himself calm so that his mate wouldn't freak out, as well.

He knocked on the door softly; there was no need to panic.
Jenny opened the door and gave them a welcoming, warm smile, "Ah, it's you two. Come on in!"
She invited the duo over, "Have a seat."
"Thanks, Jenny." Tugger murmured.
"I see you have a face of worry. What is it?"
"It's... It's Misto. He hasn't been feeling well, like, at all."
"D'awww... Poor, young kitty. How exactly does he feel?"
Tugger looked over at Misto, signaling him to speak.
"Dizzy, with fever... Something like that. I can't really explain, Jenny."
"Well, when does this usually happen?"
"In the mornings."
"Just that?"
"Yeah."
"Would you mind if I check you out?"
"No, not at all."
"Come with me, then. Tugger, you stay here, alright?"
Tugger gave a soft nod. He watched them go into a room. He was feeling perhaps too worried, but he couldn't help it. He had raised the tomcat himself and he knew that the tux never fell so bad in that kind of state. Not just that, but they've been close all their lives—and now as mates—and he wanted him to be okay.

"Okay, so where exactly do you feel the pain?"
"Down to my stomach." Misto flattened his ears.
"Alright. Mind if I...?"
He shook his head, "Go ahead, Jenny."
Jenny began pawing his stomach gently, noticing some things unusual. First of all, his stomach wasn't that soft like it usually was. It was a bit harder, but it still was soft in some ways. She also could hardly feel what she could tell was a heartbeat. Not a strong one, though. She looked up at him, "Give me a second, will you?"
Mistoffelees was rather confused. Why would she just walk off?

Jenny called for Tugger.
Tugger rose from his seat, his ears perked up, "Yeah, what is it?"
"I don't know, I think he's..."

It was all quiet in the room Mistoffelees was until Tugger's screeching could be heard those two rooms away, "No, that's impossible!"
"Well, maybe it is possible on him, Cat knows what He's doing."
"But... But, he's a..."
"I know, I know, but trust me. I have four myself, I can tell whether he is or not."
"I mean, that's just im–" Tugger cut his sentence short as he saw the tux walk into the room.
"Guys, what happened? Why so much shouting?"
Tugger sulked his head whilst shaking it.
"Darling," Jenny cooed, "I'm going to tell you what's the cause of it all, but don't be afraid, please?"
"Yes, what is it?"
Jenny sighed, looking at Tugger, then back at Misto, "You're pregnant, my dear."

The tux widened his eyes, taking a few steps back, "Wh-what, h-how?!"
"Look, Misto. You possess magical powers, don't you? Well, I guess after you mated to Tugger your magic kinda got in the way and that's how it must've happened. But, trust me. This process is magical enough on its own, and you should appreciate these moments. It's the time when you get to be the closest to your offsprings."
Misto looked down at his belly. After Jenny telling him this, he could already feel it growing.
"The two of you: I believe you'll make great parents, and mostly you, Tugger. You can probably guide him in some situations. After all, you already know what's it like to raise a kitten."
"I'm raising kits of my own with the cat whom I raised as a kitten myself. Sounds... odd. "
"I know it does, but you just gotta cherish the moments."

They thanked Jenny before leaving the den.
"I can't believe I'm... pregnant."
"Yes, but we will still be having kits of our own and it'll be the best time of our lives."
"Perhaps... Or maybe it's true." The tux giggled, putting a paw over his belly.