Chapter 1: New Beginning...Again.

Author's POV

"Daddy please stop!!" A little girl screamed sitting in a corner of a room as she watched her drunk father beat her mom.

He would beat her sometimes too but not nearly as much as her mother. After a while he finally left the house slamming the door. Probably to go to a bar again. The girls mother looked at her. She ran to her mom and hugged her.

"Mommy. I'm scared." The little girl cried.

"You don't have to be. We're getting out of here sweetie. Come on. Let's go pack our things." Her mother told her picking her up and carrying her upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's POV

I woke up a little startled to the sound of a continues beep. I sighed when I realized it was just my alarm. I got out of bed and picked out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a white tank top and a red zip-up hoodie. I was trying to shake my dream away. Well more like a memory. That was 11 years ago now. I was 7 years old when my mother finally decided to leave my drunk and abusive father. She packed some clothes and pajamas and some needs we would need for a while and we left. I haven't seen my father since that morning, or that house. We just recently moved into a two bedroom apartment in a city called Berk. This was the sixth time we've moved since I was 7.

My mother had a bad habit of dating guys who also turned abusive, and to be honest. I did too. I never thought anything of it. It was normal for me. Make myself look hot and attractive to get a guy and usually it would be a bad one or he would end up abusing me. As I got ready for school and put my tank top and jeans on, my tank top was a bit see through and that's why I would wear the hoodie. So I wouldn't get in trouble. Especially on my first day at another new school.

Berk Secondary High School.

I was started there today and I wasn't to thrilled to be switching schools halfway through my senior year. I left my room once I did my make-up and braided my hair. I saw my moms door slightly opened and I looked inside.

She was in bed sleeping with her boyfriend next to her. His name was Thomas. He has started to be abusive to my mom. But she always shrugged it off. Same as me. I had recently broke up with a guy, about a month ago now, and was hoping there would be one to catch my eye at the new school. I didn't bother with breakfast and grabbed my book bag and left.

It was about a 20 minute walk to the school from my apartment. I left at 7:30am. When I got there, I had to find the office first. It didn't take too long and I got my time table and locker number and headed to my locker and than the class I had first: History.

I walked in and there wasn't a whole lot of people there. I had my hood on and I took a seat near the back. I looked around and on my right side sat a scrawny boy with auburn hair and was drawing away in a notebook.  My left side was a girl with black hair and looked like she was gossiping to some other girls about something.

A boy walked in and stood next to my desk and I looked up at him. He was muscular and had black hair and mud-brown eyes.

"Can I help you?" I said.

"You're in my desk." He said.

"I thought I could sit wherever." I said.

"Yeah. But not there." He said.

My eyes met his. "What are you gonna do about it? Because I'm not moving." I noticed that comment grabbed the attention of pretty much everyone and he stared me down and raised his fist. I just stared at him. The auburn haired boy stood up.

"Leave her alone Sam. She's new." He said.

Sam, since that's what he called him, so I'm assuming that's his name, turned to him.

"Fishbone is standing up for the new girl. How sweet." He said.

"Just sit somewhere else. Its not gonna kill you." He said.

Sam was about to say something when the teacher walked in.

"Mr.Jorgenson, Mr.Haddock, please sit down." She said.

The auburn haired boy sat down.

"Miss Louis, this new girl is in my seat." Sam said.

She looked at me and smiled. "Well than Sam, looks like you'll have to sit up here today." She said gesturing to a front and center seat. The students started laughing a bit and he stood there looking mad. "Mr.Jorgenson, sit down so I can begin class." She said sternly.

He grumbled as he went and sat at the front.

"Yes, class we have a new student. Her name is Astrid Hofferson, and as Sam has obviously pointed out, she is sitting in his seat. Welcome to Berk Ms.Hofferson." she smiled and than began class.

I smiled back and opened a notebook and started writing. I could feel people staring at me. I glanced and noticed this 'Haddock' boy was glancing at me every few minutes.

I finally whispered to him. "Do you need something?" I asked. He looked at me and my eyes met emerald green ones and I was taken aback by them a little bit.

"No." He whispered back and kept drawing.

I had this weird feeling come over me when our eyes met. But I pushed it away and kept taking notes.

~~~~~~~~

The last bell finally rang and I got my stuff and put in my headphones and started to walk home. I reached in my bag and pulled out a cigarette and lighter and lit it. I kept walking until I got home. I heard yelling when I got to the door and went inside and to my bedroom ignoring it.

I took out my phone and texted the guy that gave me his number today at school. His name was Liam and apparently he was a 'bad' boy. I didn't care though. We texted and he asked me to go out and I agreed.

Little did I know that he was just another one of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First chapter done!!!

Thanks to delightfully_dark for the description of the story and helping with titles. And thanks to hofferson_a for ideas and helping with the title which was her idea she gave to me!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Love you!!!

Bye! 😊❤