Chapter 19: I Promise

Hey my readers!! 

So if you haven't watched season 3 of Race to the Edge, you're missing out on an amazing season!!! 

SO GO WATCH IT!!! 

Also here is the next chapter!!! 

Hope you enjoy!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's POV 

White. 

That's all I saw was white. I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned. I heard a voice. 

"Astrid?" 

It was Hiccup. I knew his voice anywhere. 

"Hiccup?" I said opening my eyes again. I looked around and saw him beside my bed.

"Astrid..." He hugged me. I hugged him back. "How are you feeling?" 

"I'm okay." I said. He put his hand on my cheek and stroked it with his thumb. I smirked at him. He kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes and sighed. 

"Hiccup...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just wanted to drink and smoke again, and I went too far and...." I felt his lips on mine. 

"Stop. I'm not mad at you. I was scared I'd lost you. I found you unconscious and I didn't know what to do." He told me. "They told me you had alcohol poisoning, your body was starting to shut down, and that's what you're hooked up to so much." I looked down at my hands, arms, and I could feel the oxygen tube in my nose. I had an IV tube in my wrist, a heart monitor on my finger. I had a couple other things in my arm. Not knowing what they were. I looked up at Hiccup and sighed. He kissed my forehead. "It's okay. You're okay." He told me. He sat down in the chair beside my bed and held my hand.

The doctor came in a few minutes later.

"Good morning Astrid. Hiccup." He said nodding to Hiccup. "I'm Doctor Wheaton. You had alcohol poisoning."

"Yes, that's what Hiccup told me."

"Okay, so there's one other thing. You're eight weeks pregnant." Doctor Wheaton told me.

I froze and stared at him. Hiccup froze too. Neither of us said anything. All you heard was the beeping of my heart monitor. I squeezed Hiccup's hand a bit and closed my eyes.

"I'll be back to check on you later." Doctor Wheaton said and than left the room.

I felt my breathing quicken, my body started to shake a little.

Panic attack.

Hiccup got up and started talking to me.

"It's okay Astrid."

"Hiccup, it's not okay. I'm pregnant. I have no one to help me, except you. What about school? What about college? I need to take care of this baby."

He sat down on the bed beside me and held me. 

"Astrid. I promise, it will be okay. We will get through this. I'll get a job. You don't have to do anything. Just take care of the baby." 

I started to calm down again. 

"Is the baby even okay....I mean I didn't know and I drank and smoked and....." 

"Astrid. They'll check on the baby." 

He was right, because about an hour later, some nurses came in with an ultrasound machine. 

They hooked it up and I had my nightgown pulled up to reveal my stomach. Hiccup was holding my hand and I was watching the nurses. 

"It's gonna be cold." she told me squeezing some gel onto my stomach. I could feel my breathing quickening. I felt Hiccup rub the back of my hand with his thumb and it calmed me down a little bit. I looked at the screen as the nurse moved the probe around my stomach listening for a heart beat. I stared at the screen, waiting for the same sound. After what seemed like a long time I heard it. 

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"There it is." The nurse said smiling a little.

I sighed and leaned my head against Hiccup's arm. I felt them move the probe around to look at the baby. She stopped it when she noticed something. 

"Hold on a minute." She said. She paged the doctor and I looked up at Hiccup. He kissed my head reassuring me everything was fine. The doctor came in and the nurse pointed out what she saw and he looked too and confirmed it. The nurse looked at me. 

"Looks like you're having twins." She said with a smile. 

I stared at her. "What?" I said.

"You're having twins." She said again. I looked at Hiccup and he looked shocked too. "They're both healthy and fine." She said cleaning the gel off of me. I pulled my night gown down. "Congratulations." She said and than left the room. 

"Twins..." I said and looked at Hiccup who was sitting down again. 

"Twins..." Hiccup said. We looked at each other. "We can do it." He told me. 

I smiled at him. 

"I love you." He said. I smiled.

"I love you too." I said. He leaned over and kissed me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been 4 days and I just got back from the hospital. I went to the kitchen and saw the alcohol bottles and smokes on the counter. I stared at them. I picked them up. Hiccup came in the kitchen. 

"What are you doing?" He asked. I turned to him well dumping the bottles liquid down the sink.

"Throwing them out." I said. He walked over to me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm proud of you." He said and I smirked a bit. He opened a bottle and dumped it down the drain too.  
After we finished we went upstairs to his room. I was changing into pajamas and stared at myself in the mirror. I had my pants on but no shirt. I put a hand on my stomach and sighed. 

"Hey you two, I'm your mamma." I said looking at my stomach. Hiccup came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. I looked at him through the mirror and smiled. 

"I love you." He said. 

"I love you too." I said. I put my shirt on and got into bed. Hiccup climbed in beside me and I snuggled up to him. He kissed my hand and wrapped his arms around me. 

We fell asleep shortly after. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I woke up the next day and stared at the ceiling. Hiccup was still sleeping. I sighed. I couldn't believe I was pregnant, and with twins. 

Twins. 

Hiccup stirred and I looked at him. 

"Hmm." he moaned. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. 

He opened one of his eyes and looked at me. I smiled. 

"good morning sleepy head." I said. He smiled and turned to face me. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close. "You need to get up." I told him.

"I don't want too." He said. I rolled my eyes. He didn't see because he's eyes were closed. 

"We have school Hiccup." I said. 

"Can we stay home?" He asked me. 

"Trust me, I want to stay home too." 

"Than let's stay home." 

"You sure?" 

"Yes. Screw school." 

I laughed a bit. "You got that right. I'm gonna make breakfast." I said getting up. I went to the bathroom first and did my business and fixed my braid. I went downstairs and opened the fridge and pulled out some eggs and bacon. I found a pan and turned the stove on. I waited it to heat up as I whisked the eggs with some milk and than put it in the pan. I went to the fridge again and got out some ham, peppers and some other things. I grabbed some oranges too and pulled out the orange juice maker. I cut up some of the peppers, and ham and put them on the wet side of the egg and than flipped half of it over closing it. I started to squeeze some orange juice. I grabbed another pan and put the bacon on it and started to cook that up too. Once I was done everything I called up the stairs. 

"Hiccup!!! Breakfast!" I yelled. 

"Okay! I'm coming!" I heard him yell back. 

He came downstairs and saw the plate of food and sat down. I poured him some fresh orange juice and put the glass down. 

"You made this?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Yeah. Eat up." I told him taking a seat beside him and digging into mine. 

~~~~~~~~ 

After Breakfast I had a shower and got dressed. Hiccup was downstairs cleaning up. I went downstairs and we went to the living room. He sat down and laid beside him with my head on his lap and he turned on the TV. 

I sighed. He looked at me. 

"You okay milady?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Just thinking." I told him looking at him with a smirk. 

He kissed my forehead. 

"Everything will be fine. I promise." 

I smirked and turned to face the TV again. I thought of those words. Hiccup has never broke a promise. But this isn't really something he can control. 

'Everything will be fine. I promise.'

I hope so Hiccup. I really hope so. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

There ya go!!! 

Next chapter done!! YAY!! 

Again, go watch season 3 of Race to the Edge if you haven't!!! 

I shall update soon!!! 

Love you guys!!! 

Bye!!