Chapter 28: Old Ways

Hey guys!!! 

I have a bit of writers block so it's been taking me some time to figure out how to write this chapter! I also have some other ideas flying around in my head for new stories. I'm also busy with school right now and this weekend is insane for me. 
- RTTE S4 COMES OUT TOMORROW!!! AHHHH!!!! I can't wait to watch it!!! 
- My cousin's 2nd daughter is 1 today and her birthday party is on Saturday so we're going to that. My one aunt is coming down and staying over until Monday (it's a holiday here on Monday).
- We're going out for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate my 20th birthday! 
- My Birthday is on MONDAY!! I'll be 20 on the 20th!!!! Champagne birthday!! 

I'm a very busy person so bear with me! 

Here is the next chapter! I hope you enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a couple of weeks and I was at home now. Rowan was still at the hospital. They weren't gonna allow her to go home until she was a healthy weight. I spent most days in bed. Hiccup had to go back to work so he was gone most days. I went to the hospital everyday to see our daughter, came home and either laid in bed or on the couch until Hiccup came home. 

I had so many thoughts running through my mind. I couldn't get the fact of losing one of our daughters out of my head and that it was all my fault. I hated myself for it. I didn't want to do anything but have both of our daughters inside of me again, healthy and come when they were suppose to - about two months from now. I've also been thinking of my parents. Maybe visiting them, telling them they have a granddaughter, but I kept pushing it aside. I don't really want Rowan to know my parents. I don't want her to go through anything I did. I am determined to make sure she has a life full of love from Hiccup and I. 

I heard the door and the familiar voice of Hiccup. He came into the living room and kissed my head. I smiled a little at him. He placed a bag of take out food on the coffee table and I looked at him. 

"What'd you get?" I asked. 

"You're favorite." he said smiling. He sat down beside me as I sat up. "Double bacon cheeseburger, fries and a coke." He said starting to take it out of the bag. I could tell my mouth was watering. I hadn't had that for so long. Hiccup got his food out too and we started to eat together. After we were done, Hiccup cleaned it up and came and joined me on the couch. I laid my head on his lap and he started flipping through channels on the T.V. seeing if anything was on. Eventually he just settled on a game show called "Celebrity Name Game".  We watched it and then decided to watch a movie after it was done. It was getting late and I was starting to fall asleep on Hiccup. He looked down at me and smiled and kissed my head. He moved me gently and stood up and turned off the T.V.

"Astrid, let's go up to bed." he said to me. I groaned. I moved and looked at him. I put my arms up to him. 

"Carry me." I said. Hiccup smirked and picked me up bridal style. He brought me upstairs to bed and put me on the bed. I was in no mood to change. I was in sweatpants and a t-shirt and figured that was good enough. Hiccup changed into his pajama's and got into the bed with me. He moved close and wrapped his arms around me. 

"Goodnight m'lady." He said. I smiled. 

"Goodnight." I said. 

We both fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up and saw Hiccup still asleep next to me. I smiled and cuddled up to him. I felt him move and put his arm around me. 

"Good morning, babe." I said looking up at him. He met my eyes and smiled and kissed my forehead. 

"Good morning, m'lady." He said. I smiled. 

We stayed cuddling for a while until Hiccup moved and got up out of the bed. I groaned. He smirked and kissed my head. 

"I need to go to work for a bit." He said. I watched him change and leave the room. I sighed and stared at the ceiling. 

After a while, once Hiccup left, I got up and got dressed. I had decided to go for a walk. I went downstairs and grabbed my bag and made sure I had my phone. I left the house and locked it. I went to Starbucks first and got myself a latte and muffin. I sat and ate my muffin and then left again with my latte. I went into a variety store and went up to the cashier and asked for a pack of smokes. She gave it to me, and I paid for it and left. I went to the liquor store next and bought some wine and other types of alcohol. I paid for it and walked back home. I went inside and sat on the couch and turned on the T.V. I opened a bottle of wine and started to drink it. I also lit a smoke. 

Later in the day I heard the door close and then heard coughing. I turned around and saw Hiccup. 

"HI HICCUP!!" I said loudly waving at him. He didn't look to happy. "What's wrong?!" I asked. "Come join me! I got some good stuff." I said wiggling my eyebrows at him. I turned back around and took another swig of vodka and another puff of my cigarette. 

Author's POV 

Hiccup stood there staring at the drunk Astrid on the couch. He had a glare on his face and was not happy at all. He dropped his stuff on the floor and stomped into the room. He grabbed the bottle and smoke from her hands. 

"Are you serious!?!?!" He shouted. Astrid just looked at him. 

"What?" She said. 

"This!" He said gesturing to the alcohol and smokes. "I thought you were done with this. You were doing so well." He said. Astrid just stared at him. He left and came back with a garbage bag. He started throwing it all out. 

"Hey!" Astrid said standing up. "I bought that stuff." 

"Actually, I did. I'm the one with a job. I'm the one making all the money. I'm the one paying for all of this crap." He said while throwing it out. He mumbled something under his breathe. 

"What?" Astrid asked. 

"My life is so messed up because of you!" He shouted at her. Astrid was taken aback. "I was doing so well! I got straight A's in high school, I was gonna go to college and that got pushed out of the way because of you and your messed up life. Your stupid addictions and your messed up family and boyfriends who raped you. I thought I was helping with everything, then you got pregnant changing everything. My life was fine before you ruined it!"

 Astrid just stood there shocked. She had snapped out of her drunken state and glared at Hiccup. "It takes two to get someone pregnant." She said. "That's your daughter too! and I assume you're just gonna blame me for losing Rowan's twin." She said. Hiccup just glared at her. "So you're saying it's all my fault you're not in college." She said. 

"That's part of it." He said. "and we probably wouldn't have lost the twin if it weren't for your addictions." He said. 

"I didn't drink or smoke while I was pregnant. I was clean for three months when I found out I was pregnant with YOUR babies. SHE WAS SICK! You know that!" Astrid yelled at him. "Rowan was lucky to not get it. We could've lost both of them." She said. 

Hiccup just stared at her. The next thing he knew Astrid's face was turned to the side and she had a shocked expression holding her cheek. He had smacked her across the face. She looked at him and then turned to walk away. Hiccup realized what just happened and grabbed her arm. 

"Astrid." He said. She yanked her arm from him and walked away. She went upstairs to the bathroom and started a bath. She undressed herself and looked in the mirror at her cheek. It was all red. She felt her eyes stinging with tears. She got in the bathtub and sat down and held her knees to her chest. She started to cry. 

Hiccup sighed as he watched her walk away. He finished cleaning everything up and then went upstairs and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Astrid." He said. He didn't hear anything. He knocked again and called her.

Still nothing. He heard the bathtub tap still running and then felt some water on the floor.

"Astrid!" He yelled. Still no answer.

The door was unlocked and he went in and the floor was soaked. He turned the tap off and saw Astrid under the water. He pulled her up.

 "Astrid!" He yelled.

He checked her pulse and it was faint. He picked her up out of the bathtub and laid her on the floor. He pulled the plug on the tub so it would drain and pulled out his phone and dialed 911. He told them what he thought happened and they sent an ambulance. 

Hiccup picked her up and brought her to their bedroom. He got a towel and wrapped her while he grabbed some easy clothes to put on her. He slipped on her underclothes and her sweat pants and one of his shirts. He checked her pulse again and was freaking out. He heard the door and ran down the steps and opened it. He brought the paramedics upstairs and they got to work on her. Hooking her up to different wires and things.

Hiccup went back to the bathroom and started throwing a bunch of towels all over the floor to soak up all the water. His clothes were drenched and he went back to the bedroom. They had Astrid on a heart monitor and oxygen. They put her on a stretcher and headed downstairs. Hiccup quickly changed and grabbed some stuff he would need. He went downstairs and locked the door. He got in the car and followed the ambulance as it sped to the hospital with the sirens on. 

They got there and rushed her inside and made Hiccup go to the waiting room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There ya go!!! 

I hope you guys liked this chapter!!! 

I will be ending this story soon! Just so you guys know! 

Also I can't wait to watch Season 4 of RTTE tomorrow!!! AHH!! SO EXCITING!!!! 

Thanks for reading! 

Bye! :)