Chapter 6: The Truth

Thanks to delightfully_dark and FictionalMashups for their help on this chapter with a few ideas and being so FRICKEN AWESOME!!!! lol!!! I love you guys!!! :D <3 

Enjoy!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's POV 

I woke up to a pounding in my head and everything was blurry and bright. I blinked to clear my vision and shut my eyes at how bright the room was. I opened them again, and let them adjust. I heard a beeping sound and looked around the room. I saw some machines beside my bed and I felt things on my hand and in my nose. It was an IV, heart monitor and oxygen. I don't know why I had them in. I heard the door open and looked towards it. It was Hiccup. I smiled a little. 

"Hey." I said. He looked at me. 

"Astrid! You're awake!" He said happily. I smiled. He came and gave me a hug. 

"Why am I hooked up to all of this?" I asked.

"They wanted to just keep an eye on you for the night so they hooked up the machines just in case." He said. 

"Oh, okay." I said. 

A nurse came in to check on me and unhooked the machines from me. She looked at my forehead and I winced a little. 

"Sorry." She said. "I just need to check it." 

"Check what. What happened?" I asked.

"Your cut. Your friend here said you fell against the coffee table at your house, part of it is glass and it cut your forehead open. You have seven stitches." She told me. 

"Do you remember anything, Astrid?" Hiccup asked. I looked at him. 

"A little. I remember yelling at my mom and her yelling back, that's it. I don't remember anything after that." I said. 

Hiccup nodded at me. The nurse finished up and left the room. A few minutes later another nurse came in with a chart, there was a doctor with her. 

"Good Morning Miss Hofferson." He said. "I'm Doctor Carlton." 

I smiled at him. "Good morning." 

"How are you feeling?" 

"My head hurts, but i'm okay." 

"It will probably hurt for a while. Your stitches need to stay in for seven days and than you can come get them removed. Also, I have to ask why you have bruises all over you." He said. I froze at the question and just stared at him for a moment. "Astrid, are you being abused at home?" He asked.

"No. Yes, but not at home. My boyfriend. But it's over. I'm not seeing him anymore." I told the doctor. 

"Alright, well you need to report it. It's considered domestic violence and that's against the law." He told me. I nodded. 

"Okay." I said. 

"Other than that, you're free to go." He said handing me the chart to sign. I signed it and handed it back. They got me my clothes and Hiccup waited for me in the hall. I changed and walked out. We went back to my apartment and the carpet in the living room was stained with my blood and there was glass all over. 

"Great." I said. 

"I'll clean it up. You go relax" He said to me. I smiled at him. 

"Thank you Hiccup." I went to walk to my room. "Oh, by the way, thanks for paying off those bills." I said. He looked at me surprised. 

"You knew it was me?" he said. I smiled.

"The company called and said someone named Hiccup Haddock paid off the bills and that we don't owe anything." I told him. 

"Oh." He said. I smiled and went and laid in bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A couple days later at school I was at my locker, waiting for Hiccup to come meet me for lunch. Liam came up to me. 

"Hey babe." He said. I looked at him with a glare. 

"I'm not your 'babe'" I said. 

"Excuse me?" He said. 

"You heard me. We're done Liam. I'm not taking it anymore." 

"Did you already forget what I did to you. I can do it again. I can do worse." 

"No I didn't forget. But I'm not gonna stand for it. I've been abused enough in my life thank you." 

He made me face him and pushed me against the lockers. 

"Enough huh? I'm sure you'll get more. Like right now." He said. I saw him lift his hand to hit me and I closed my eyes waiting for it and it didn't happen. I opened and looked and saw Hiccup had grabbed his hand. Hiccup yanked him away from me into the middle of the hallway.