Chapter 21: Painful

Hey guys!! 

What's up with you? 

I got a HORRIBLE  sunburn yesterday (saturday) at the beach. So I'm in a bit of pain. 

But, that doesn't keep me from writing!!! 

So here's the next chapter!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Astrid's POV 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. 

I heard a faint beeping and tried to open my eyes and when I did I was blinded. I shut them again and than opened them and let them adjust. I looked around and saw Hiccup in the chair beside my bed sleeping. I looked down on the bed and saw multiple things hooked up and I knew I had a oxygen tube in again. I tried to move and screamed in pain.

"Astrid?" I heard Hiccup's voice. "Don't move." He said and I sat there and looked at him. He went and got the doctor and nurse and the three of them came back. 

"Good to see you awake Astrid." The doctor said. I gave him a small smile. "You were unconscious for about three days." He told me. 

"Really?" I asked. He nodded. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"I'm okay, I tried to move and screamed in pain." I said. He gave me small smirk. 

"That's because your back is injured." He told me. I looked at him surprised. 

"It is?" I asked. He nodded. 

"It's broken in about 4 spots. We need to do surgery, but we had to wait until you woke up. You weren't in critical condition so we could wait. We'll probably do it later today or tomorrow okay?" He told me. I nodded. 

The nurse had brought in an ultrasound machine and was hooking it up. The doctor left the room and Hiccup stood next to the bed and held my hand. She put the gel on my stomach and started to move the probe around. I stared at the ceiling waiting to hear it. 

"There it is." she said. "Well one of them." She said finding one of the heartbeats. She moved it again to find the other one and did so. I sighed with relief and Hiccup kissed my head. 

"They must be fighters." The nurse said. 

"Just like their mamma." Hiccup said and I smiled. The nurse smiled and cleaned the gel off of my stomach and took the machine out with her. Another nurse came by with some food and set it on my table. Hiccup rolled the table in front of me and sat on the edge of the bed and helped me eat. 

We didn't talk at all until I was done eating. 

The doctor came back in after a while and told me they would be doing my surgery the next day. 

Hiccup and I talked and he sat on the side of the bed and I played with our hands together. He told me that he had done both of our homework the last few days. He also said he would be going to the school in a couple days to talk to our principal and teachers about the situation. I just listened and nodded or shook my head when he needed a response to something. 

I wanted to get up but I couldn't, even moving my legs hurt like hell. I was stuck in the bed and couldn't do anything. I hated it. This wasn't what I was use too, I liked being active, and now I couldn't even sit up unless someone helped me and it caused pain or I used the remote controls on the hospital bed. 

It was later in the evening and Hiccup was sitting in the chair next to the bed. I was twiddling my thumbs when I heard him speak up. 

"I was so scared." He said. I looked up at him. 

"About what?" I asked. 

"You. I was watching TV and all of a sudden I heard barking from outside and scratching on the door. So I got up to see what it was. It was Stormfly. You weren't with her and I knew something was wrong. She went to the end of the walk way and kept barking at me and looking down the street where the accident was. I saw it. I saw the car crushed against the tree. You on the sidewalk. Police cars, fire trucks, ambulances. I ran back inside and grabbed my wallet and keys and jacket, I grabbed your bag and got Stormfly back in the house and I locked the door and ran down the street to where you were. Paramedics were on you when I got there and you were still conscious. Once we got here I didn't leave until the afternoon of the next day. I didn't want to leave though. But I went home and packed a couple bags of clothes for both of us and some other stuff. Brought some stuff to do too. Fed the dogs, took them out. Than went to the school and told them you were in an accident so I got our homework and came back here. My dad said he'd watch Toothless and Stormfly." Hiccup said.  

I just listened to the entire thing and looked down. Hiccup had tears in his eyes.

"Hiccup, come here." I said and patted the bed. He got up and sat down next to me and put an arm around me.

"I thought I was going to lose the three most important people to me." He said. I looked at him and made him face me.

"You are NEVER going to lose me. Ever." I told him. He smirked.

"I love you, and these two." He said putting a hand on my stomach. I smiled and put mine on top of his.

"I love you and them too." I said with a smile.

Hiccup leaned down and kissed me, I kissed him back.

We laid down the best we could together with my state and after a little while we both fell asleep on the bed for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, I know, it's short.

I'm sorry. I was having a hard time writing this chapter.

Thanks to my awesome friend delightfully_dark for giving me the idea for this chapter. 

I will update soon.

I am starting TWO new fanfictions so keep an eye out for those!! :)

Love you guys!!

Bye!!