Chapter 15: Back to School

Astrid's POV 

I helped Hiccup into the car and got in on the drivers side. 

"This is strange." I said moving the chair up a bit so I could reach the pedals. Hiccup laughed a little. "What?" I said. "You're the one usually driving." I told him. I started the car and we headed to school. When we got there I got out of the car and grabbed my bag and went and helped Hiccup. He was still a little slow with his prosthetic, but he was getting better. I walked at the same pace as him and went with him to his locker. People were staring as they walked by and I would glare at some of them and they would turn away and walk faster. I think I scare them. But that's okay. 

"Hey look, it's Hiccup the limp." The voice of Sam said. I turned around and glared at him. 

"It's not funny Sam." I told him. 

"You're right, it's not. It's hilarious." He said laughing again. I walked up to him ready to deck him and felt Hiccup grab my arm. 

"Come on Astrid." He said. "We need to get to class." He pulled me away to go to my locker so I could get my books. We handed into the classroom and the teacher said a rude remark to Hiccup. 

"Well, isn't it nice for you two to show up to class." He said. I glared at him. 

"Excuse me?" I said. 

"Well, just because Hiccup is on his last leg, doesn't mean you need to miss a month of class." He told us. Hiccup and I rolled our eyes and everyone was trying to hold back bursting out into laughter. 

"Come on Astrid." He starting pulling at my arm to bring me to my seat. 

"No, Hiccup." I said pulling back. "I'm not standing for this." I said and turned to the teacher. "You're his, our, teacher. You shouldn't be talking to him or us like that. You shouldn't be making fun of him. From other students is one thing. But from our teacher? That's just stupid. You should be ashamed to be making fun of a student because of something he can't help that happened to him. I'm so sick of everyone picking on Hiccup. Just because he lost his foot doesn't give you or any of you." I said turning to look at the classroom. "a reason to make fun of him. There's no reason too. If you guys actually got to know him you would realize what a great guy Hiccup is. Why do you think I'm dating him? He's so much more than what any of you think, and if you have any sympathy and any love in your bodies you'll actually stop making fun of him and get to know him for a change." I said. Everyone, including Hiccup was staring at me shocked. 

"Sit down, Miss Hofferson." My teacher said and I glared at him and went to my seat. 

~~~~~~~~~

Later, about the middle of the day, I was at my locker waiting for Hiccup to come. Kara came up to me. 

"So why haven't you been at school?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and turned around. 

"Because I've been helping Hiccup." I told her. 

"Sure." She said before walking away. Hiccup came up to me. 

"What did she want?" He asked. 

"Nothing important." I said taking his hand. We headed to lunch. 

It was the end of lunch and I was at my locker. I noticed pretty much everyone that walked by would be whispering to each other while staring at me. I was starting to wonder what was going on. Finally Ryan came up to me. 

"Astrid!" She called and I looked at her. 

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"Is it true?" She asked. 

"What?" I asked. 

"That you're pregnant." She asked. My eyes widened. 

"WHAT?!?!" I said. Everyone around us stopped. "No! Ryan. I'm not. Where did you hear this from?" 

"Everyone around school has been talking about it." She told me. 

"Yeah, and I know exactly who started it." I said slamming my locker shut and walking away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiccup and I got home after school and I hadn't said anything the whole ride home. We got upstairs to our room and Hiccup piped up. 

"Okay, you've been quiet way too long, and somethings bugging you. What's wrong?" He asked. 

I sighed. "Kara spread a rumor at school today about me." I said. 

"What was it?" He asked. I looked at him. 

"You didn't hear about it. At all?" I asked. He shook his head. I sighed. "She spread a rumor that I'm pregnant." I told him. Hiccup looked shocked. 

"What do we do?" He asked. 

"Just get me pregnant. It won't be a rumor anymore than..." I said looking down. Hiccup sat beside me on the bed. 

"Astrid. We're not doing that. Besides, are you even ready to do that? But I know for sure you don't want to be a mom at 18." He said. I sighed.

"Than what do I do?" I asked. 

"Well, we tell everyone the truth. We talk to Kara and tell her to stop." He told me. 

"And if she doesn't?" I looked at him. He sighed. 

"I don't know. We'll figure it out." He told me. I smiled a little and kissed his cheek. 

"I love you." I told him. He kissed me. I kissed back and he leaned towards me causing me to lay down on the bed. He pulled away and moved my bangs from my eyes. 

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at school I was at my locker with Hiccup. Kara walked by and Hiccup got her attention. She came up to us. 

"Why did you tell everyone that Astrid's pregnant. When she's not." Hiccup snapped at her. 

"Because she wasn't here for a month." Kara said. 

"Yeah, because she was helping me. I lost my foot in an accident." Hiccup told her. 

"Whatever. It's not my fault if people believe what they're told." She said. 

"Yeah it is. Because you spread the rumor in the first place." Hiccup said. 

I noticed that the principle was close by and could hear the conversation that was going on.

Hiccup and Kara kept arguing and Hiccup starting telling her off for all the things shes done and said to me. The principle came up.

"Kara, my office. Now." He said. She looked at him and rolled her eyes and glared at Hiccup. She followed the principle to his office.

Shortly after Hiccup and I found out that Kara had been suspended for a week for what she had been doing. Apparently I wasn't the only one she was mean too.  

We got home that evening and I started asking Hiccup if I could have drink. Alcohol that is. He kept saying no. 

"Please Hiccup!" I asked again. He sighed. 

"Fine. But I'm getting it for you." He said. I sat on the couch and he came back with it for me. 

"Thank you." I said taking it from him. 

As the night went on Hiccup let me have a couple more. Spread apart so that I wouldn't get drunk. It started getting late and I was tired. Hiccup and I went upstairs to our room. He sat on the bed and I threw his pajamas at him and got mine too. He started taking off his prosthetic and I changed in the meantime. I got into bed and my back was to Hiccup. I laid there for a bit and soon felt his arms around my waist. I jumped slightly. 

"Sorry." He whispered kissing my neck. I turned and faced him. I kissed him. He pulled me against him and I felt his hand go up my shirt. He kept kissing me and soon moved so he was on top of me. He moved to my neck and soon we both had our shirts off. He started kissing my collar bone and moving down to my chest and stomach. He pulled at my pants pulling them down. I felt myself start to have short breathes. 

I suddenly couldn't picture anything but Liam. Trapping me in the closet and doing what he wanted. I felt tears down my face and pulled away moving from Hiccup. I was breathing heavily. I curled myself up. Holding my knees to my chest well I laid on the bed. I knew Hiccup realized what went through my mind. He laid down on his side of the bed. 

It had been a while and I had put my clothes back on. I turned and looked at Hiccup he was writing in his notebook. I moved closer to him and he looked at me and smirked. 

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded. He closed his notebook and put it down and laid facing me. 

"I'm sorry. I want to, I just.." I whispered. 

"It's okay. I get it." He said moving hair from my eyes. "If you want to wait until we're married. That's okay." I smiled and cuddled up to him. He held me and kissed my head. 

"I don't want to go to school tomorrow." I told him with my eyes shut. 

"We don't have too." He told me. I opened my eyes and looked at him. 

"Really?" I asked him. 

"I don't want to either." He said. I smiled. 

"Okay." I said. I felt him kiss my head and we soon fell asleep after. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There ya go!!!! 

It's a bit shorter than the rest!!! 

But I will write more soon!!!! 

Love you!!! 

Bye!!!! <3 :)