Chapter 22: Bad Dreams

Hey guys!!! 

I know it's been a long time! I feel bad, but I had some writers block and I'm in my first year of college too so I was getting settled into that. 

But here is the next chapter!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Astrid's POV 

I was being rolled down the hall in my bed and Hiccup was walking next to it holding my hand the entire time. We were headed to the Operating Room. It was the next day and it was time for my surgery on my back. If I'm being honest, I'm terrified something might go wrong. Hiccup kept reassuring me that everything would be fine. 

We got to the Operating Room and Hiccup kissed me before I went in. He told me he would be waiting for me to be done. They brought me in and they turned me over onto my stomach. My head was to the side so they could put a mask on me of anesthetic to put me to sleep. Everything started to go blurry and than everything was dark. 

Astrid's Dream 

Hiccup and I were at his house and getting ready for bed. I was now 5 months pregnant with the twins and pretty big. We had gone out and bought maternity clothes for me. I was changing into my pajamas and looking at myself in the mirror. I felt Hiccup wrap his arms around me and smiled. He laid his head on my shoulder and smiled. 

"You're so beautiful." He told me. I smiled. "I love you." He said kissing my cheek. 

"I love you too." I told him. He turned me around knelt down in front of me so his face was at stomach. I smiled as he started to place kisses all over it. I felt the babies starting to kick and move around. He smiled and stood back up and kissed me. I smiled and than got my pajamas on. I walked over to the bed and got in and laid down. Hiccup laid down next me and I moved close to him. We fell asleep. 

It was the middle of the night and I woke up from being in a lot of pain. I sat up and put a hand on my stomach. I looked down at the blankets and I was bleeding. I nudged Hiccup. 

"Hiccup." I said. "Hiccup, wake up." I kept nudging him and saying that until he finally opened his eyes. 

"Astrid? What's wrong?" He asked sitting up. 

"Something's wrong. I'm bleeding." I said. Hiccup looked and saw the blood and got scared. He got out of bed quickly and grabbed his wallet and keys and my bag that had all my stuff in it. He came over to my side of the bed and helped me off the bed. He picked me up bridal style and we went downstairs and to the car. He put inside and got on. 

"Hiccup, it hurts!" I said holding my stomach. 

"I know. I know. Will  be at the hospital soon." He said. 

We were driving  down the road and Hiccup was going through a light when someone raced through a red light hitting the back end of our car. We spun in a circle a few times and than hit against a tree and stopped. 

After a while I saw some lights and heard sirens. 

"Hiccup." I said. I reached my arm to the side and felt for him. I found his hand and squeezed it. "Hiccup?" I said again. I turned my head slowly and saw him unconscious. I put my hand on his shoulder and shook him. "Hiccup! Hiccup! wake up!" I shouted at him.

Some paramedics came to our car and got us out. They laid both of us on a bed and I kept asking for Hiccup. They kept telling me he would be okay and that I needed to relax so that they could bandage me up and check me over.  

After a while, we were both brought to the hospital. I was in a separate room than Hiccup and I had woken up. I ended up just having a few scrapes and bruises. I didn't know the situation of my pregnancy yet though. I sat in my bed for the day not doing anything. That afternoon, there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in." I said and Hiccup opened the door and walked over. I sat up and he hugged me and I hugged him back. "You're okay." I said. He smiled and kissed my cheek. 

"You're okay too. I guess we both got out with only a few scrapes and bruises. But Astrid.." He said and I looked at his face drop and go sad. I sighed realizing what he was going to say. 

"I lost them. Didn't I?" I asked. 

"Well one." He said. "You lost one of them. They said the other one was fine." He told me. 

"Well, that's good right?" I asked. 

"Yes. But it's still devastating to lose one." He said. I nodded. Hiccup sat beside me on the bed and held me close to him. 

End of Dream. 

Author's POV 

Astrid was back in her room now and Hiccup was sitting next to the bed waiting for her to wake up. 

Astrid's POV

I woke up and sat up quickly breathing heavily. I felt a hand touch my arm. 

"Astrid. It's okay." I heard a familiar voice and turned to it. 

"Hiccup." I said and hugged him. He hugged me back. I calmed down and looked at him. "I had a bad dream." I told him.

"What was it about?" He asked.

"Us, and the babies. I started bleeding one night and you were bringing me to the hospital and we got into a car accident. We both only got out of it with some minor scrapes and bruises but I had lost one of the twins." I told him. He looked shocked.

"Astrid, I'm sorry, that's awful. But I promise that won't happen. You aren't going to lose them. Okay?" He said. I smiled a little at him and he kissed my head. 

"The doctor said that the surgery went well. He had to put four plates in though to keep your bones  together. But he said recovery will take a while. Could take up to 5 months or so." Hiccup told me. 

I sighed. "Okay." I said. "I feel so tired." 

"That's from the medicine they gave you. You can sleep if you want. I'll be here." He said. 

I smiled at him. "Okay, can you lay with me?" I asked. He smiled and sat beside me on the bed and laid with me. After a few minutes I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY!!!! I finally did it!!!! 

If you guys have ideas for chapter please tell me!!! I love using ideas from readers and friends and such. 

Hope you guys have a good day/night - wherever you are!!! 

Love you guys!! 

Bye!! :) <3