Chapter 16: Dancing Tragedies

Hey guys!!!! So I know it's been a while since I updated! I had a hard time getting ideas for this chapter!!! I've also been a bit busy with some family stuff going on. 

BUT I'M BACK!!!!! YAY!!! 

So here you go!!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Astrid's POV 

Hiccup had laid out a dress on his bed for me. It was red. His favorite color. There was a pair of cute black strapped heels next to it and some gold jewelry. I smiled at it and changed out of my sweats and put it on. I went to the bathroom and put some make-up on. I started a braid at the front of my head and braided it to the back and put it up in a bun. I grabbed my black clutch and headed downstairs. Hiccup was waiting at the door in a pair of black dress pants. He had a red dress shirt on and a black tie and jacket. He had black dress shoes on as well. I smiled at him as I got to the bottom of the stairs. 

"You look so handsome." I told him smiling. 

"and you look beautiful!" He told me kissing my cheek. I felt my cheeks warm up a bit. 

"Thank you." I told him. 

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded. We headed out and he opened the car door for me. I got in and he got in on the other side. 

"Where are we going?" I asked him. 

"It's a surprise." He told me. I sighed and shook my head. 

After about 15 mins we got there. It was an outdoor restaurant and was very nice. Hiccup parked and opened my door giving me his hand to help me out. 

"Thank you." I said stepping out of the car. I looked around and saw how nice it was. "Why do you always take me somewhere expensive?" I asked. 

"Because I like taking you to nice places." He said. We walked hand in hand to a table to seat two. A waitress came and gave us menus. 

Over the night we ate and talked. Our date lasted a couple of hours. Hiccup took me to a beach and I took off my heels and left them in the car. We went for a walk on the beach and after a little while we sat down on the sand. I looked at Hiccup and he smiled at me. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. 

"I love you." He told me. I smiled at him and kissed him. 

"I love you too." I told him. 

After a little bit we headed back at home and it was late. I went and wiped my make-up off and took my hair down and put it in a side braid. I went to Hiccup's room and he had his pajamas on and was drawing in his sketch book. I pulled off my dress and put my pajamas on. I got into bed and snuggled up to him. 

"What are you drawing?" I asked. He closed it before I could look. 

"Nothing important." He said looking at me. He kissed my head and wrapped his arms around me. We soon fell asleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, it was Saturday. Hiccup and I slept in. I started to wake up and looked up at Hiccup. 

"Hey sleepy head." He said to me smiling. I smiled at him. 

"Hi." I said. He kissed my forehead. 

We got dressed and went downstairs to have breakfast. Later in the day we were on the couch watching TV. I was laying on the couch with my head on Hiccup's lap. He had one hand on my stomach and I was playing with his hand. His other hand he kept running through my hair. The doorbell rang and Hiccup got up to answer it. He opened the door. 

"Kara?" I heard him say. 

"Hi Hiccup. Is Astrid here?" She asked. 

"No. She's not home right now." Hiccup said. I just laid on the couch listening to the conversation. 

"Figures." She said. 

"What's that suppose to mean." I heard Hiccup say. 

"Well she's a slut. She's had so many boyfriends. She's probably slept with them all too, she's probably out sleeping with some guy right now getting pregnant." Kara said. 

I laid on the couch listening to what she was saying. I felt my eyes water and felt a tear fall and wiped it away. Next thing I heard was Hiccup. 

"Would you stop talking about her like that? What's your problem with her?" He asked. 

"She's a slut. She's been with so many guys. Why are you even dating her?" Kara said. 

"She's not a slut Kara. The only guy she's done anything with was Liam because it was forced on her and you know that. You're the one who told everyone. I'm dating her because I love her. She doesn't go out or sleep around with guys. The one person I know that sleeps around with pretty much every guy is you. You're a slut Kara." He said.