Chapter 20: Why Now?

Hey guys!!! 

Updating again!! 

I had another idea for a chapter already so I wanted to write it before it left my mind!

Hope you enjoy!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been two weeks since I was in the hospital. Which means I was 10 weeks pregnant now. My stomach has grown quite a bit. But there is two of them. Not one. I started wearing Hiccup's shirts. Mine were showing my baby bump and I didn't like it. I've been having a hard time coping with it. Late nights, so many thoughts. 

I keep thinking how lost I am, how scared I am that something will go wrong. How I can't exactly control this. I keep wanting to fall back into it. Drinking, smoking, I've even thought of cutting. But I won't do it. I know it won't help anything. I know that I have to deal with it. But I'm glad I have Hiccup. He stays by my side and helps me when I need it. When I feel down or upset, or feel a panic attack coming on. He tells me to relax, take deep breathes. I can usually focus so well on things and I'm having a hard time doing that now too. My mind is just so full of everything that's been happening and what I've been dealing with. I just can't help but want to break down and cry. But I have to stay strong. I have to stay strong, because I know I can do this. I know I can beat this and I know that it will be completely worth it in the end. The difficult part is getting there. 

It was a Monday and I was in the bathroom doing my hair. Hiccup was getting dressed. We both headed downstairs when we were done. Grabbed our bags and left the house and got into the car. Hiccup drove us to school and when we got there I sighed. People had found out about my pregnancy and I've been getting rude comments from people. Even teachers. I've considered just dropping out but Hiccup won't stand for it. We argued about it, because I'm not going to college because of the babies and Hiccup is just gonna find a job and work to support us. Hiccup also wants us to move out, into an apartment or a small house. But I'm not sure about it yet. I feel safe at Hiccup's house and I don't want more change. At least not yet. 

Hiccup reached his hand over and grabbed mine. "I'm beside you all day." He told me. I looked at him and smiled. I got out of the car and so did he. He came to my side and grabbed my hand and we walked to the doors and inside. People stared at me. I heard muffled words people were calling me. "Slut, whore, damaged, worthless, stupid, idoit, bitch." etc.  I tried to ignore it and tighten my hand on Hiccup's and we got to my locker and I opened it and grabbed my stuff and we went to his next. He got his books and we walked to class together. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got through the day and we came home and went upstairs. I dropped my book bag and slammed my books on the desk and got into the bed. I curled up with the blankets over me and sighed. Hiccup sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. 

" I know you had a bad day today." He said. 

I didn't answer him. 

"Astrid. We only have a month left. You can get through that. Than we graduate and we leave." 

I looked at him and back at the floor. "Can I just sleep?" I asked. He sighed and kissed my head. 

"I'll wake you up for supper okay?" He said. I nodded and fell asleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day I woke up and turned and stared at the ceiling. Hiccup came in the room and saw me. 

"Have a good nap, milady?" He said. I looked at him and nodded. "You hungry?" He asked. I nodded again and sat up. 

"What's for supper?" I asked. 

"I order some pizza and wings, and cheesy bread. It should be here soon." He said. I got up and walked over to him. 

"Sounds amazing." I said. He laughed a little. 

"Of course it does, you're pregnant." He said. I laughed too. 

"Even if I wasn't, it would sound amazing." I said smiling. I took his hand and went downstairs with him to the living room. I sat on the couch and turned the TV on. We watched some random game show until we heard the doorbell. Hiccup got it and paid the boy and brought the food into the living room. I sat up and Hiccup went to get some glasses and water. Toothless and Stormfly came in and sat at the foot of the couch. They were pretty big now, still puppy mode but a lot bigger. Hiccup and I have been training them well. Toothless and Hiccup had such a great bond. Especially since they're both missing a leg. Hiccup came back and sat down and we opened up the boxes and started to eat. 

A couple hours later and Hiccup was cleaning everything up. He grabbed his laptop and I was flipping through channels on the TV. He sat down and opened his laptop and started researching for jobs. I saw and frowned a little bit. 

I know Hiccup really wants to go to school in the fall for design and architecture. But now that I was pregnant, he was changing his life for me. Like he hasn't done that enough already. I got up from the couch. 

"I'm gonna take Stormfly for a W.A.L.K." I said spelling out 'walk' because she goes crazy if I say that word. Hiccup nodded. 

"Okay. Don't be too long." He said. I nodded. 

"Okay. Come here Stormfly." I said and she ran over to me. I grabbed her leash and put it on and opened the door and left. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been about a half hour and I was starting to head back to the house. I heard the honk of a car and looked around. I was on the sidewalk so I figured I was fine. 

I wasn't. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~' 

Author's POV 

A car was flying down the street and honked their horn. They stirred off the road and onto the sidewalk hitting a teenage girl with blonde hair who was walking her dog. The guy's car went into a fence and stopped. He was unconscious and the girl was on the ground screaming in pain. 

Someone in the house saw it and ran outside calling 9-1-1. They explained what had happened and ambulances and police cars and fire trucks were on the scene within minutes. They got out and tended to the girl and the man. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's POV 

"AHHH!!!"  I screamed in pain when the paramedics tried moving me. 

"Her back is injured." I heard one of them say. I saw Stormfly to the side whimpering. She was fine and I was grateful for that. I looked at her.

"Stormfly." I said and she came to me and nuzzled my face. "Go get Hiccup." I told her. She understood and ran back to the house which wasn't very far from where we were. A few minutes went by and they had got me onto the stretcher. 

"Astrid!" I heard Hiccup's voice. He came to my side. 

"Hiccup." I said looking at him. He grabbed my hand. 

"We have to go now. We need to get her to the hospital." One of the paramedics said. 

"She's pregnant." Hiccup said. They looked at him. 

"She's pregnant?" they repeated. Hiccup nodded. 

"10 weeks, with twins." He told me. 

"Let's go we need to get her help fast." They said getting me into the ambulance. Hiccup got in too and sat next to me and held my hand and talked to me. They were attaching different things to me and everything started going blurry. 

"She's losing consciousness." I heard one of them say as they hooked an oxygen mask to my face. 

Than everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow, well I totally just made a big thing happen!! 

Hope you guys enjoyed it!!! 

I'll update soon!! 

Bye!!! 

Love you guys!!!