Chapter 11: Court Hearings

Astrid's POV 

I was getting dressed in the same pencil skirt, blouse and blazer I wore to my father's court hearing. I had another court hearing today. It was for Liam. To be honest. I was terrified to face him. I haven't seen him since the day Hiccup beat him up. I was putting my hair up in a french braid and finished my make-up when I heard Hiccup calling me. 

"I'm coming!" I shouted back. I slipped on my flats and grabbed my small purse and headed downstairs. Hiccup had some breakfast made for me. I smiled at him. "Thank you." I said kissing his cheek. I took a bite of the toast that was on my plate. He set a glass of orange juice next to my plate. 

After I was finished I went and brushed my teeth and we were ready to go. Hiccup came with me again. I liked having him there. I felt a lot more relaxed. 

When we got there Hiccup sat down with me until they asked me to come over to the trial area. They were talking to me and asking me some questions, they had gotten me a lawyer. Hiccup was paying for it. Thank Thor for that. I took a seat next to my lawyer and she was talking to me about some stuff. I heard a door open and looked to see Liam. We made eye contact. He had an angry look and I saw him gain up speed to come towards me. He raised his hands together, since they were in handcuffs and I braced myself for a hit. It didn't happen and I looked and saw cops had him and forced him to his seat. 

"Let me get her!" I heard him say. The cops sat him down and handcuffed him to the chair so he couldn't move. I took a deep breathe at what had almost happened. 

The judge came in and the trial started. I ended up not having to say to much which I was thankful for. The lawyers did most of the fighting. 

"My client does not need to be put in prison for what he did." Liam's lawyer said. 

"Yes, he does. He raped my client in a supply closet at their high school during class time. He had been abusing her and beating her prior to this. She didn't want to have sex with him, and he wouldn't take no for an answer and took advantage of her. He is guilty. He needs to be locked up. He is 18 years old and it is considered a crime." My lawyer said sternly defending me. 

It went back and forth for a while yet and finally the jury had to go discuss to come up with a verdict. I sat in my chair quietly. I was twiddling my thumbs and waiting for them to come back. After a good 10 minutes or so they returned. The judge came back up and we stood up. 

"A decision has been made. Liam Johnson, you are guilty for the abuse and rape of Astrid Hofferson. You are being given 5 years in prison." She banged her mallot. "Case closed." She said. 

I could tell Liam was mad. The cops escorted him out and I walked out of the room and Hiccup was in the hallway before I was. I saw him and let out a sigh. He gave me a hug. 

"You don't need to worry about it anymore." He said. 

"I know. But I still have one more court hearing for my mother." I said. 

"Yes. But not for a few more weeks." 

My lawyer came up and was talking to us for a minute. We thanked her and said we would be in touch soon. I needed her for the court hearing against my mother as well. 

We headed back to Hiccup's house and I was quiet the whole ride home. When we got there we went upstairs to change. I went into my room and found an over-sized grey t-shirt I have and some black leggings. I took off my blazer and hung it up. I took off my blouse and skirt and hung those up too. I put on my leggings and my shirt and took my hair out of the french braid, and put into a side braid instead. I headed downstairs and where the stairs were at the top I could see into Hiccup's room, he didn't close his door all the way and he didn't have a shirt on and I couldn't help but look. I bite my lower lip at the side view of his body, he looked to have a six pack. I caught my breathe and saw him heading for the door after he slipped a black t-shirt on. I went downstairs kind of quickly and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and found some juice. I poured myself a glass and opened the freezer to find some chicken and took it out. I filled up a bowl with warm water and set the package of chicken in it to thaw it out. Hiccup came in and saw me.