Chapter 24: Future Talk

Hey guys!!! 

Sorry for the waits on stories and chapters, school has been crazy for me, lots of tests and assignments. I'm also really busy outside of school too so I try to post when I can! 

Also, if you guys really love my writing! PLEASE!!! check out my blog!! Link is in my profile. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been about 3 months and we were graduated from high school now. I was six months pregnant with our twins and been back at home for about a month and a half now. I was starting to walk again, slowly. Not to mention being six months pregnant with twins makes learning to walk again harder. 

Hiccup and I had decided a couple months ago to find out the gender of the babies, it was two girls. We had been looking at names for them too now. Ryan (Ruffnut) wanted so badly to give me a baby shower. I fought with her for a long time about it before giving in. Not to mention that it would help with expenses. 

Hiccup had found a job and was working part-time right now, he still needed to be around for me to help. I couldn't quite do everything myself yet. 

I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV, when Hiccup came home. He came over and kissed my head. 

"Hey Milady." He said. I smiled. 

"Hey, how was work?" I asked him. 

"Good, how are you feeling?" He asked. 

"I'm okay, hungry." I said with a smirk. He laughed a little. 

"I figured, which is why I picked up some food on my way home." He said. 

"What did you get?" I asked. He went and grabbed the bag and came and sat down on the couch. 

"In and Out Burger." He said. I lit up with a smile and Hiccup handed me my food. I opened it and started to eat. 

After we were done, Hiccup cleaned it up and joined me on the couch. I laid down with my head on his lap. He played with my hair. We had a movie on. Hiccup put a hand on my stomach and felt the twins kicking around. 

"Think of any names yet?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, actually. I don't know if you'll like them though." He said. 

"What are they?" I asked. 

"Rowan and Rayna." He said. I thought about them for a moment. 

"They're different. I like them." I said. 

"What about you?" He asked. "Any names." 

"Ella and Emma." I told him. He smiled. 

"I like those too." He said. I smiled. 

We sat together and watched the movie. It was getting late and Hiccup helped me up from the couch. We went upstairs to bed and fell asleep for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days and Hiccup came home with some bags of stuff. He brought it over to the couch where I was. I sat up and looked at him. 

"What did you buy?" I asked him. 

"You'll see." He said getting the rest of the bags. "I know you've been bored just sitting around at home so I thought maybe you would like to create some decorations and design ideas for the twins room." Hiccup said. I smiled and opened the bags. It was tons of craft stuff and things I could use to design the room with.  We decided to do a neutral color and than pink and purple accents. I know, I know, pink and purple are always the go too, but I'm sure we'll change it up when they're older and have favorite colors. 

I pulled out a couple of things and played around with them. Hiccup sat next to me. 

"I wanted to ask you something." He said. 

"what is it?" I said looking at him. 

"What do you think about moving out of here and into our own place?" He asked. I just looked at him.

"I don't know. I mean I've moved so much in my life, this has really only been my only home." I said. 

"That's okay. We don't have too. I was just wondering." He said. I smirked at him. He kissed my cheek. Stormfly and Toothless came over and Stormfly sniffed my stomach and whimpered. We looked at her. I petted her. 

"It's okay Stormfly. I'm okay." I told her. She laid down on the ground beside my feet. 

Hiccup pulled out some paint samples. He was gonna design a mural and paint it on the wall in the bedroom for the twins. We decided on the colors for the mural. 

"Do you wanna come with me?" He asked. 

"Where?" I asked. 

"To the store and dinner, and maybe a movie?" He said. I smiled at the thought of going out. It had been so long. I nodded. He helped me up and I winced a little. I had a wheelchair, a walker and crutches in the house to help me walk. Hiccup helped me to my walker and I grabbed on to it and used it to help me walk. 

"Are you sure you don't want your wheelchair?" Hiccup asked. 

"I will when we leave." I said. 

A little bit later Hiccup helped me into the car and put my wheelchair in the trunk. We went out for a dinner and a movie, and than to the store to get paint. People would stare at us. A young couple, and the girl is pregnant and in a wheelchair. Hiccup was looking at cans of paint and reading them and I sat in my wheelchair with my hands on my stomach. 

"I think this kind is the best." Hiccup said. 

"Hmm?" I said lifting my head to look at him. He smiled and kissed my head. 

"Nothing." He said. He put as many cans of paint as he was going to need; some big and some small in the cart. They put the colors we needed into the cans and mixed them. We paid for it and Hiccup asked for someone to help with bringing them out to the car. A teenage girl who looked to be about 16 pushed the cart out to the car while Hiccup pushed me. Hiccup helped me into the car and put the wheelchair in the back. The girl had just stood there and watched. Hiccup popped his trunk and helped her put the cans in it. 

"Thank you." He said. She smiled. 

"You're welcome." She went back inside the store and Hiccup closed the trunk and got into the car. We got home and he helped me inside first and brought me up to our bedroom. I was sitting on the bed and Hiccup went to bring in all the cans of paint. He than took a couple trips to bring it all upstairs to the spare room. I was using the bed post at the end of the bed trying to help myself walk to the dresser. I winced. Hiccup came in and saw me. 

"Astrid, what are you doing?" he asked coming over to me. He supported me. 

"Trying to get to the dresser." I said. "I need to change." He sighed and picked me up and put me on the bed. He got me a pair of pajama's and threw them at me. He changed himself and I managed to change my shirt by myself. Hiccup had to help me with my pants. I laid down and he laid next to me. After a while we both fell asleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There ya go!!! 

I hope you enjoyed it!! I'm gonna update soon, I have an idea for the next chapter, but have to figure out how i'll write it out. 

Have a good day!! 

<3 :)