Chapter 30: Back to Reality

Alright!! Last chapter guys!! 

I'm kind of sad this book is at the end now. I've been writing this for almost a year! I have some ideas for new stories! and I am going to start a new one! So I hope you all read my new one as well! 

Some of you might be shocked/confused after this chapter! I will explain more in the A/N afterwards and/or in the Epilogue if I need too! Don't be afraid to comment a question if you need too! 

ENJOY!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback 

"Mom! Stop!" I screamed. My mother was following me around the apartment we were in and I was trying to get her to stop and leave me alone. She was drunk. Again, and I knew what that normally resulted in when I was around. 

A beating that I didn't deserve.

She was yelling at me and I would yell back. That got me a smack across the face. 

It went on for a while and she finally grabbed my arm hard enough leaving a mark and shoved me into the bedroom. She grabbed a belt and I tried to get away but she locked the door. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed 911. By the time they answered I managed to tell them my mom was drunk and starting to beat me. I had to leave the phone and try and move around the room. I'm sure the dispatcher was worried and trying to track my phone. 

My mom and I were yelling and every time I said something back to hear it got me a good beating. My mom was pretty strong surprisingly and since I kept trying to run away she grabbed my leg and snapped it. I screamed. My mom kept hitting me, kicking me, using anything she could to hurt me, including her belt. 

There was knocking on the door and I heard yelling from some men. I heard the door get slammed open and then the banging on the bedroom door too. I was on the floor and the room started to look blurry. They got in the room and it was some cops and paramedics. The paramedics ran over to me as the cops grabbed my mom putting her in handcuffs. They started to attach things to me and I could hear them talking and asking me questions. I couldn't find the strength to answer them. Everything was starting to sound distant. 

Then everything went black.

Astrid's POV

I slowly came to my senses and heard the continuous sound of a beep.

'beep...beep...beep...beep.'

I tried to move and my one leg felt restricted. I felt things in my arms and I started to open my eyes. It was bright and I let my eyes adjust.

I was in a hospital room. I looked around slightly confused as to why I was there. There was no one else in the room. I saw my right leg elevated and in a cast. I looked at my hands and arms and saw multiple tubes and some bruises.  I felt oxygen in my nose and my head hurt too. I clicked the red button on the side of my bed. A nurse came running in and saw I was awake, she left the room again.  

They came back and it was the doctor and the nurse. The doctor came close to my bed and sat down. 

"Miss Hofferson," He started. 

"Astrid. Call me Astrid." I said. He smiled a little. 

"Astrid, do you know what happened?" He asked. I shook my head. 

"No, but I have a pretty good idea. Was it my mom?" I asked. He nodded. 

"Yes. You were brought in unconscious and you've been in a coma for two weeks." He said. I looked a little surprised. 

"Am I okay?" I asked. 

"You'll be fine. You're leg has to be in the cast for another 4 - 6 weeks though. Then you can come and get it taken off." He said. "But I'm gonna do a check-up today and see how you are. If everything looks good then we can send you home." He said. I nodded. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day I was able to go home. They brought me my stuff and I changed into my clothes and grabbed my bag. My aunt came to sign the discharge papers since my mom wasn't allowed near me right now and I left with my aunt to go back to my apartment. She dropped me off and left and I sighed. Knowing my mom will probably be in the house, drunk again. My aunt told me that her boyfriend had bailed her out of jail. Which didn't really surprise me. I headed upstairs to my apartment and my mom wasn't home. There was note on the kitchen counter that said.