Chapter 3

Fitz was in his room packing the last of his stuff for the long term mission.

May came into his room. "You guys leave in 30 minutes. Oh and Fitz take this." Handing him two guns.

"May what is this mission?"

"You have to befriend this couple and have them like you guys back and get as much information on them as possible."

"Why are you giving us guns?"

"You need to protect Simmons. Also you don't know what they could do."

"Okay." May left as Fitz finished packing.

Simmons came into his room a little bit after May did. "I'm ready to go. What why do you have guns?"

"May wants us to protect one another."

"That's good. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep one last thing." He grabbed the photo of them.  

She looked at him

She looked at him. "You kept it."

"Why would I not?"

"I don't know. I just thought that with everything that happened you-"

"Jemma when you were gone you kept me going to get you back." She kissed him on the lips.

"What was that for?" He asked not fulling understand her reason for kissing him.

"For not giving up on me." May entered the room "Time to go." Fitzsimmons looked at each.

The drive was very quiet. May sat in the front driving as they sat in the back. They got to a house. "This is the house you guys will us as cover."

"Its nice. Is that a car?" Fitz asked.

"Yes." They got out of the car and went inside. May began showing them around.

"This is a panic room. There's a lab in the basement for you guys."

"Is there surveillance?"

"Yes in every room."

"The bedrooms too?"

"Yes. Why"

"No reason." May went on with the tour.

"There are three rooms and two bathrooms. Two cars. A kitchen. Everything you will need."

"Thank you." Fitz said.

May left them in the house Simmons began unpacking as Fitz was going through all the equipment. Fitz eventually came into the room Simmons was in. "So Mrs. Smith what is the plan."

"Plan for what?"

"Sleeping arrangement, getting to know them."

"Oh well like May said there's surveillance everywhere. Which means we can't sleep in the same room."

"At night they won't be able to see who's in here."

"Fitz knowing the team the surveillance will have night vision."

"What if I tell the team that we are a couple?"

"That may work." She kissed his cheek.