Chapter 14

Fitz raised his gun at the same time Ward did without seeing Jemma did the same. Ward saw them have guns drawn on him. He pointed his gun at Jemma pulling the trigger back. Hitting her once in the right upper chest. She fell to the ground. Fitz looked down at his girlfriend and back up at Ward or 'It'. His eyes were no longer filled with fear but with anger. Fitz pulled the trigger three times. Hitting Ward three time in the chest. He fell to the ground.

Fitz dropped his gun on the floor and went down to Jemma. "You're going to be okay. Stay with me. Coulson I need a plane now. I need to get her the best hospital in the country."

"Already called it. It will be here in five minutes. Are you okay Fitz? What about him?"

"The bastard that tried to kill me and my girlfriend. He's fine just in a lot of pain. There are four force fields around him so he and 'It' can't get out. When he wakes up I want him out of our lab. Don't care what you do with him at that point. He almost killed the one person I love most in my life."

"You didn't answer my question Fitz. Are you okay?"

"I will be fine when Jemma is okay." He looked down to her as he applied pressure to her wound.

"She will make it." Coulson said trying to calm his nerves. "Let's hope."

Jemma awoke two days later in a hospital bed. "Fitz?" She said in a groggy voice. "I'm right here Jemma. You had me so worried."

"Where am I?"

"You got shot Jem. You're in the best hospital in the country."

"Is he dead?"

"No but I did shot him three time." Their was a knock on the door. The doctor came in. "Agent Simmons. Glad to see you awake."

"How do you-"

"He's a SHIELD doctor." Fitz registered her.

"I work for Nick Fury. May I have a moment alone with you Agent Simmons?"

"Sure. It's okay Fitz." Fitz left the room as the doctor closed the door. "I'm Dr. Scott for starts. You made it pass surgery. You need to take it extra careful from now on."

"That's good. But what do you mean by extra? I'm a doctor too so I should be fine and back to moving around in a few days to a week."

"Agent Simmons you're pregnant." She just stared at the doctor in complete shock.

"No-I-not possible-I'm... pregnant?" She stumbled and stuttered over her words. "Yes you are. Do you know who the father is?"

"Yes. Agent Fitz." She looked at the wall. "He's an Agent? I have to inform Fury and your Director."

"They know we are together. Is it possible you can not tell any of of my team till I'm ready?"

"I can do that. Anything else?"

Is it possible you can have Agent May, Daisy, and Coulson to come here? Also how many far along am I?"

"I can notify them. You're only a month and half."

"Thank you." The doctor left as Fitz came in. He saw tears running down her face. He ran over to her side. "Jemma what's wrong? Did the doctor tell you something?"

"I'm fine. I need to talk to you but not now."

"Okay. I'm here for you." Daisy entered the room. "Simmons are you okay?" She ran to her bedside and gave her a hug. She grunted in pain. "Sorry."

"It's okay. Is May and Coulson here?"

"Mom and Dad are here." Daisy smiled. "I'm going to go talk to the doctor when we can bring you home." Fitz said.

"No he said tomorrow morning I can go since we are doctors we know how to take care of this mater."

"Oh that's good." Fitz said rubbing her hand. Coulson and May entered the room. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Still in a little pain."

"What every you need we are here for you." May said with a very slight smile. "Thank you everybody." Simmons said looking up at Fitz and then at everyone else.

Fitz stayed in her room with her that night as the rest of the team stayed posted around the hospital just and case. "Fitz I miss them."

"Bobbi and Hunter?"

"Yeah." She rested her head on the pillow. "What if there is a way to get them back."

"Jemma I will do absolutely anything for you." She smiled at him and gested for him to come closer. He got a few inches from her. "Kiss me Leo."

"I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't. I promise." She whispered to him. He put one hand on the pillow and lend down to kiss her. Their lips stayed like that for a few moments. "You should get some sleep." Fitz kissed her one last time and sat back in the chair. "I love you Fitz."

"I love you too. Get some sleep too." She closed her eyes and fell asleep. He leaned back in the chair trying to fall asleep. But every time he closed his eyes he saw Ward with a gun and Jemma on the floor. He snapped his eyes opened. "Not again." He put his head in his hands. She turned to face him. "Nightmare?"

"Yeah." He said in a shaky voice.

"Ward?"

"And you." He looked her in the eyes.

"Come here."

"You can't do that."

"Im saying its okay." She moved over slightly and made space for him. He got in next to her. She rested her head on his shoulder. "Let me know if you're in any pain."

"I will. Go to sleep. I'm more worried about you than me." She kissed his cheek as he fell asleep.

Daisy entered the room the next morning to find Fitzsimmons sleeping in bed together. She was half tempted to take a picture of them but then Simmons awoke to the sound of the door closing shut. "Morning Simmons." Daisy spoke up. "Morning Daisy." Simmons said looking around the room. "May and Coulson went back to base and look up on everything."

"That's good. Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure anything."

"Can you get me tea?"

"Sure. One for Fitz too?"

"No just one. He will be out for a few more hours." Daisy left to go get the tea. She looked down at a sleeping Fitz. He stirred a little in his sleep. She leaned back and put her hand subconsciously on her belly. All she could think was 'What will he think?' or 'What if he leaves?' She let out a deep sigh and closing her eyes. Fear came over her for not knowing how he or the team will react to her being pregnant.