Chapter 9

Jemma awoke the next morning to the sunlight hitting her face. She rolled over to face Fitz. He was still sound asleep with a smile on his face. She kissed his lips ever so slightly. When his eyes fluttered open. "Good morning."

"It's morning?" A groggy voice asked.

"Yeah. After...last night we were both out like a light."

"Physical activity like that. Definitely." He smiled at her. She nuzzled her face into his neck. He closed his eyes before her phone began to ring and buzz. "Leave it." She said.

Not long after her phone rang again. She picked it up and saw two missed calls from Daisy. She called her back. "Hey Daisy. Everything okay?"

"I was just checking up on you guys. How's the mission going?"

"It's going well. Nothing new."

"Well I will let you get back to Fitz."

"Thank you." She hung the phone up and went back to facing Fitz.

"We should get up and going with the day."

"Okay." He sounded bummed out.

"Fitz I never told you this last night. Thank you. You're the best." He just smiled at her and kissed her bare shoulder.

"Anytime. Literally anytime I'm yours." He said laughing.

"I will take you up on that promise." She picked up his shirt off the floor and put it on.

She went into the kitchen and put a kettle on the stove. She waited for the water to boil. Coming back out into the living room with two cups of tea and sat back down next to him. They drank the tea when there was a knock at the door. "Fitz get dress. And give me my shorts please."

"Okay. Wait you have my shirt."

"It's okay." They got dressed real fast and Simmons opened the door. "Coulson?"

"Hello Simmons."

"Come in." She opened the door as he stepped inside. He looked at Fitz and Simmons. "May told me a lot."

"So you know?"

"Yes. I am very happy you guys are together."

"We are glad a lot happened in the month you were gone." Fitz rubbed a hand up and down her back.

"I came here to tell you that your mission is over. Pack your things you're coming back." He closed the door.

"You mind if i look around the house?"

"No please do." He began looking around the house and just smiling. He got upstairs and saw that they only used one bedroom.

"Get packed i will be back in a few hours." He left after that.

They packed the bags and went into the lab. "Fitz can we ask them to let us stay in the same room?"

"Of course. I have something to show you."

"Okay."

"Remember the rose necklaces you had."

"Yes. But I lost it when-" He opened a red velvet box and there it was a necklaces.

"Oh Fitz. But how?"

"It's not the same one but it's better now because it's engraved and there's a beacon in it so if it's ever lost I can find it." She looked at the stem of the rose and read the word 'Love'. She wrapped her arms around Fitz's neck and kissed him.

"Thank you so much."

"Your welcome." Coulson stood there.

"You guys ready?"

"Oh yes. Can I ask you something?" Fitz asked nervously.

"You guys can share a room. But if you really want you can have the room that was built for couples. It's much bigger."

"Yes thank you ,sir."

Coulon walked over to Fitz and put a hand on his shoulder. "You better take care of her."

"I would die for her, sir."

"Good." He left upstairs and helped Simmons with the bags.

The drive and flight back to the hub was long and quit. Getting inside the hub May and Daisy were waiting for them. Daisy ran over to Simmons a gave her a long hug as Fitz stood there. May looked at Fitz and smiled very slightly. "So Simmons I need every detail."

"We will talk about everything later."

"I will be waiting." Fitz picked up her bags and went to their room and put everything on the bed to start unpacking. "This is way bigger." She observed looking around the room.

"Definitely."

"I'm going to go get my last bag. It has some inventions I have been working on."

"Okay. Care to share them later?"

"Definitely." He left to go get the bag.

He aligned everything on the table. "This is a sound blocker. Will not let any noise out but will keep it in."

"That will come in handy." She said with a mischievous smile.

"Next is the containment goo. It is a goo supplement to put on like alien artifacts."

"Also helpful."

"That's all I have to show." She began unpacking their things.

May entered Coulson's office. "You gave Fitzsimmons the room?"

"They need it."

"I'm happy for them."

"Me too. So what did you have to ask me?"

"Ward is alive and he is going to want revenge." He just stood there not knowing what to say.

"He wants to kill Fitz." May said. As Coulson took a deep breath in.

"We have to take him out. Before he hurts any of them." Coulson said very serious.