Chapter 22

A weeks after the twins were born all four of them moved a cottage in Perthshire, Scotland. Fitz was holding Peggy as Jemma was holding Ben. "This is our house," Fitz said to his daughter. Fitz walked to the door and opened it. He looked inside and saw all the furniture covered with white cloth. Jemma stood behind him and smiled. "It's perfect.Wait did you build the cribs yet?" He coughed "No not yet."

"Fitz we have babies that need cribs."

"I know. I will build it right now. Everything else is all set up."

"Okay thank you." He leaned down and kissed her. "Let's get inside it's cold out here." He put his free hand on her back and led her inside. "I'm going to go build their cribs." They all walked upstairs to the twins room. Jemma sat on the small couch in the corner of the room with her son. "Can you hold them both?" Fitz asked. "Give me her." He placed his daughter in her left arm. Fitz went over to the box that held the cribs in. "Hi, babies," Jemma said in a gentle voice. Benjamin was asleep but Peggy was wide awake. "Lest not wake your brother." She kissed the baby's cheeks. Fitz was almost done with the first crib when Benjamin began to cry. He walked over to see if he can help. "He's just hungry. Can you hold her for a few-"

"Of course." He picked up his little girl and Jemma held her little boy close as he began to feed. Fitz's face was a look of confusion and curiosity. "Fitz, You can ask me anything."

"Do it hurt? You know when he..."

"No. I mean it did a little bit at first. But now it's okay."

"That's good. Anything I can do?" He asked swaying back and forth. "No. I'm good." She picked Benjamin and burped him. He laid him back down in her arms. He looked up at her with brown eyes. "Do you know who I'm? I'm your mummy," Fitz places Peggy in her other arm. "I'm both your guy's mummy." She smiled at them as Benjamin looked over at this sister and grabbed at her blanket. Jemma just could smile at them. "Okay, bed number 1 is done." He walked over and picked up Peggy and placed her in her crib. "She looks so peaceful."

"She also looks just like you." He looked at his daughter and then his son. "He looks very much like you, Jemma." Jemma drew a finger along Benjamin's cheek. "He does." He stirred in his sleep. She held his little hand. "Benjamin's crib is almost done."

"Okay. But I want to hold him more."

"You can hold him more," Fitz said with a chuckle as he sits down next to her. "I can't believe they are ours."

"I know. They are so perfect." He looked at Jemma and kissed her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said back to him as he put an arm around her shoulder. Benjamin woke up and looked at his parents with his hazel eyes. "Hi, baby boy," Jemma said to him as he held her finger. "Are you tired?" Fitz asked him in a baby voice. "Can hold him?" Fitz asked.

"Sure." She placed him in Fitz's arms. She looked over at Peggy who was awake in her crib now. She walked over and picked her up from the crib. "Hey, baby girl." The four them sat on the little couch. "I think we are going to make, Jemma."

"I think we are." Jemma snuggled up into Fitz's side. "We are a real family now. Two kids. One of each. A mum. A dad. We are good." Jemma put her hand on his cheek and turned him to face her. "It's all perfect." She pressed a kiss to his lips. Knowing everything is going to be okay. No one can or will stop them from being happy. It's all going to work.   

I hope you all enjoyed this story. I enjoyed writing it. If anyone has a request for a new story just comment it. Thank you everyone, for reading.