Chapter 29

Elsa
"What?!"
I said as I look at my father. How is Hans my cousin?! Why is he my cousin?! He's my enemy! Who is this "Grace"?! How come they never mentioned her when I was little?! Dad then walked to the chair that was set out just in case. He sat down and began to clear his throat.
"I think it's time to give you an explanation."
He said as mom went over and started to care for him.
"How this all started..."
-flashback-
"Boys!"
Shouted the Alpha of the pack. It was almost 30 years ago, there were two that were born from the Alpha, Thomas, and the Luna, Ivy. One of them is Xander and the second one is Adgar. Both of them started to go towards the place their father is.
"Father,"
Both of them said as they were in front of the Alpha. Their mom was there preparing a meal for her family.
"Good, since both of you are here, it's time to teach the methods of being an Alpha."
Xander was 11 and Adgar was 9 at that time. They looked at their father with confusion. He then kneeled down and looked at them.
"I need to teach you these ways, boys. Once I'm gone and stand beside my father and the moon goddess as well the other Alphas of the past, it is up to both of you to take action. The moon goddess will chose the next Alpha once she sees that both of you have come to age. Of course, in tradition it is always the first born child but not this time."
He explained as he looks up at his wife. In every generation of the "royal" blood line, there is always one born with the blessing and curse while the rest are normal, even though both parents are wolves, and this has been set out from the moon goddess herself. Stating this, the first born becomes the leader of the pack. For those who are not part of the blood, their first born, even those that follow later, are wolves and either become part of the chain as betas or hunters. Some will even become omegas to keep peace around the pack as well help the hunters if they need more in groups.
"Since both of you are blessed with this gift, it is now my responsibility to teach both of you."
He said as he stood up. Both Xander and Adgar were in possession of the blessing and curse. It was a phenomenon when Adgar was born. There were no cases about a second child who was like the first born. Xander consider himself as the luckiest brother to have a werewolf brother, that he won't be alone.
"So, are you ready?"
He said as he picks up his boys into a hug.
"Yes!"
Both of them yelled. The process became a long one. Xander managed to get everything done and correctly while Adgar, on the other hand, had trouble with the training. He's slowly getting better and he tried to practice on his own time. It took all winter season and half way through spring season. It continued on until the day their father died. Xander was already 21 while Adgar was 19 years old. They remembered that their father mentioned that the moon goddess herself will choose the next Alpha in line. Adgar never felt confident and never seen himself as Alpha material. Xander, on the other hand, did.
"Well, brother, here we are."
It was the day that the moon goddess is going to choose. The moon goddess sent a message to the wisest of the pack. This then indicate that it was time.
"Yes, Xander. I know that you're going to be a good Alpha, you actually proved yourself to the goddess."
"Come here little brother."
"Hey! I'm not little! I'm 19 years old"
"And Im 21, so you're consider yourself an old man."
They both laugh. Adgar may be 19 by he managed to find his mate. A beta who's name is Idun caught his attention and the moon goddess made her his mate. Let's just say that it was love at first sight.
"Hey little bro, look over there."
Xander said as he pointed to the crowd of girls. He then winked at then, causing them to squeal.
"Somewhere there, one of them is my mate. Heck, you'll find your mate there too."
Adgar just rolled his eyes in a goofy manner. Then the drums began to play. It was time. Everyone bowed for the two boys who will later reveal who the next Alpha is. The moon goddess then appeared in front of them. Both boys bowed to show respect.
"It is time to choose the next Alpha. I have seen enough from these two and I never seen anyone work hard in order to improve."
Xander began to smirk because the moon goddess have been referencing him.
"So enough said. It's is time to reveal my choice."
She then began to walk to them. But instead of going to Xander, she went to Adgar. Adgar looked up and saw her. She then placed her hand on his head and blessed him.
"Behold! Your new Alpha! Adgar Arendalle!"
Xander then looked up to see everyone bowing at his brother. Xander was furious.
"No!"
Everyone, even the moon goddess, looked at him.
"I worked my ass off to prove myself. What the fuck did he do to be the Alpha of this pack?!"
The moon goddess then walked towards him and began to look at him with a serious look.
"Young man. I look at the personality and determination for improvement. You, in fact, don't qualify these categories. I only see ambition. You have no right to question my decisions!"
The moon goddess said as she began to face her back at him.
"My job here is done. Adgar..."
Adgar looks at her as she bagan to disappear.
"I bless you to be a great Alpha like your father..."
With that, the ceremony ended and everyone began to celebrate their new Alpha....
-flashback over-
"Your uncle had a grudge against me because he didn't become the expectation of our father. He then met Grace. Grace is not part of our kind. She's a vampire. So when Hans and his sister, Melanie, was born, he was murdered by his followers when he tried to attack your mom and kill you when she was pregnant with you. You were next in line to be Luna. I managed to stop him and it then resulted his death. I have no whereabouts on Melanie, but I knew about the location of Hans. When you were born, I heard rumors about Grace adopting a one year old wolf pup who was believed to be the chosen one of Xander. That wolf pup knows that she's not his real mother, but he received her love. Since then, that night... where we were attacked by Hans... we managed to survive... we felt the moon goddess's presence there. She knew that we were in trouble and still need to take care of our young. So she took Grace's life because she wanted your mother and I dead. She wanted you dead. But now, with this news... we need to stop her.... and right now.... she's looking for her adoptive son..."
I looked at him with shock.
"Before you say anything..."
Both my parents look at each other.
"We want to say that we are sorry that we got you into this mess and why we haven't told you anything about my side of the family. And we are sorry that we weren't there when you need us."
He said as tears began to dwell in his eyes. I went and hug both of my parents.
"I forgive you..."
~
"Who are you?!"
Jack said as he began to stand up. A woman, with long, black, curly hair and bright green eyes began to move closest to him.
"It's me... your mother..."
Jack shook his head. He didn't want to fall into a trap.
"No... no! My mother is dead! You can't be her!"
"But I am. It's been years since I've been dead... but with the help of a friend, I'm here. Here to be with you again, Jack Frost. Or should I say Jackson Overland."
Jack then looks at her with shock. His mother's last name was Overland and the only one to call him his full name was her. Then Jack's head began to hurt and saw that she was saying the truth. In his head, he sees himself as a one year old, being held by her.
"It's you... and you're alive. Mother... I can't believe that you're here."
Jack ran to give her a hug. He then felt her arms embrace her. Her eyes then flashed red.
"It is time to get you on track of our goal, my successor. Your "brother" had failed me miserably. So it is up to you and your "sister" to take over..."
She then began to smirk.
"It is time for you to step up to take your place in the family.... just like your "father"."