Rooms On Fire

"Lindsey...honey...Lindsey!"

"Huh?" Lindsey attention was stripped from his phone, moving to his scowling wife in front of him. "What's up Kit?"

Kristen Buckingham clicked her tongue in annoyance, hands on her hips as she glared down at him. "Did you even hear a single word I just said?"

"Umm..." He raised his eyebrows, glancing down at his phone screen and clicking it closed. He looked back up at her smiling sheepishly. "No. Sorry."

"Unbelievable." She scoffed and he sighed.

"Kit-"

"No, don't Kit me." She held up her hand and he discreetly rolled his eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry. What were you saying?" He patted the spot next to him on the couch but she didn't budge.

"You don't want to hear, it's not interesting enough to keep your attention."

"Jesus, Kristen. If I didn't want to listen I wouldn't have asked." His phone buzzed and he glanced down at it eagerly, this not going unnoticed by his wife.

"What is so damn interesting? You've been on that thing all day."

"Nothing." He quickly clicked his phone shut, smiling up at her. "Just going over the touring schedule with Mick."

Kristen huffed, crossing her arms. "Whatever." She rolled her eyes while stalking off, leaving Lindsey confused. "Where are you going?"

"Out."He heard her call out from the kitchen, followed by the slamming of the back door."

"Love you too." Lindsey muttered under his breath, opening his phone back up. He opened up his messages, frowning as he saw there was nothing new, at least not from the person he was wanting. He clicked on Stevie's contact, the one he'd been so focused on this whole time, and rereading his messages. A smile tugged at his lips as he reread their conversations, mostly light teasing. He was getting more amusement out of her lack of texting skills as he looked over all the misspelled messages. He sighed, his head falling back against the couch.

It'd only been one day since she'd left. How was he supposed to last a whole week? He sighed again, heavier this time. Boredom seeped into every part of his brain, driving him crazy as he waited. He wondered what she was doing right now.

.........

"Oh!" Stevie let out a squeal as the champaign spilled over them, Robert laughing uncontrollably as the cork pinged off the window. "To a fantastic show!" He raised the bottle, filling her glass. She smiled at him and he starred entranced, swearing when the glass overflowed and drizzled onto him. "Shit." She took the glass as he wiped himself, giggling.

"Trying to get me drunk Bob?"

"Darling your presence is intoxicating enough, I should be asking you the same thing."

Stevie blushed, clinking their glasses and quickly taking a sip to hide her reddening cheeks. "So what'd you, truly, honestly think of my show?"

He listened to her intently, in awe at how child-like but seductive her voice was. "It blew my mind baby, you are truly, one of the greatest artists."

"Flatterer."

"I speak nothing but the truth."

"Mhmm." She raised an eyebrow, taking another drink as he looked at her in amusement.

"I would love to work with you in that aspect."

"And is that why you agreed to dinner, Mr. Plant?"