Rock 'n' roll

"And one, two, three, one, two, three." Robert lead her around, his arm around his waist, her one hand on his shoulder as they clasped their free hands together. He twirled her and Stevie giggled.

     "Hey, love birds over there. Five minutes until you're on stage." Karen interrupted them. "So whenever you're done playing house."

     "We're dancing." Stevie looked giddily over her shoulder at her assistant, Robert smiling as well.

    "I can see that."

      Robert shrugged, letting their hands fall but still keeping his arm around her waist. "We got bored, what better way to pass the time." He looked down at Stevie, meeting her smile.

     Karen observed the two, clicking her tongue. "Robert why don't you go get your head set double checked, I need to speak to Stevie."

     "No problem, see you out there love." He winked at her, Stevie smiling as she watched him walk away dreamily.

       "Earth to Ms. Nicks." Karen waved her hand in front of her boss's face, regaining her attention. "What are you doing with him?"

      "Excuse me?"

      "What about Lindsey, Stevie?"

       She tended up. "What about him?"

         Karen sighed, rubbing her forehead  in frustration. "Look, your business is your business. I'm just trying to avoid some huge blow out that you know is going to come sooner or later."

     "You're right." Stevie simply said. "My business is my business." She moved past her assistant, Karen watching doubtfully as her boss approached Robert, her laugh resonating all through out back stage as he whispered something in her ear. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket, fishing it out as she looked at the contact. She glanced back up at Stevie, who had her self in embraced in a hug from Robert, sighing as she hit ignore on Lindsey's call.

.........

       She twirled around him, her eyes meeting his through the red lighting, her heart beating faster. She almost missed her next lines, a giant smile on her face as they sang out the last verse. They took their bows, Robert grabbing her hand as he lead her off stage.

    Once they were hidden sight he embraced her in a tight hug. Letting his head fall back and groaning. "That was exhilarating."

     "You act like you haven't been on stage before." She spoke out of breath, her heart pounding.

     "Not with you before I haven't. Your energy out there Stevie, it's amazing." He smiled down at her.

      "I could say the same for you. God, that was so fun! We have to do it again soon!"

     "Anytime." He squeezed her tighter. "Are we still on for tonight."

      "Definitely."

       "Good." He smiled again, kissing her cheek. "You slip yourself into something more comfortable and I'll get a driver ready.

     "Ok." She bit down on her bottom lip, receiving another kiss on the cheek as they parted, they held onto each others hands as he began walking away, letting their fingers slip away from one another as she bounced with excitement, rushing off to her own dressing room.

~~~
Just something to get the ball rolling, been on hiatus with this story for a while. Hope everyone who's read so far is still interested:)