Winter Wonderland

Stevie grinned at Robert across the table from her, biting down on her bottom lip. His foot nudged against her and she nudged him back with her own.

  They continued going back and forth, John raising an eyebrow at the couple.

  "I'm not sure if you two love birds are aware of this but my foot is right in between yours and I'd rather be left out of this little game of footsie."

  Stevie's cheeks turned bright red and Robert chuckled, patting John on the back. "My apologies mate."

Robert smirked up at Stevie, her giving him a warning look.

He grinned back at her, focusing his attention on the waiter as he came by to take their order.

"Has anyone seen Lindsey lately?" Mick spoke up, the mood faltering.

"Not since yesterday's show." John mentioned.

Stevie had tensed, glancing over at Robert for reassurance. He squeezed her hand under the table, holding it tight.

   "Have you seen him love?" Mick was speaking to Stevie.

  She looked at him, unsure of how to respond . "Uh, no. I haven't."

   Robert noticed her change in mood, clearing his throat, glancing down at his phone. "Gentleman, if you'll excuse us, our ride is here."

  Stevie looked at him confused. "What ride?"

   He smiled at her. "Come on love." He pulled out a wad of cash, enough to cover the entire table's meals. Bidding the two men goodnight, he lead Stevie from the restaurant, her hanging on to his arm.

  Her steps faltered when a limo was in front of the high-end restaurant, glancing up at Robert in question.

Robert just grinned at her, opening the door for her.

Stevie hesitantly climbed in, Robert sliding in close to her.

"We're not going back to the hotel are we?"

He just grinned at her, shaking his head. "Where are we going?"

   "It's a secret."

  "You and your fucking secrets." Robert looked at her amused.

   "Language Nicks."

"I'll start watching my language when you start telling me where we're going." Robert grinned, pecking her cheek.

   Stevie sighed, watching her surroundings as they started to drive.

   Robert grinned, wrapping an arm around her. "You know, it's going to be at least a thirty minute drive, lots of things to do..." he trailed off, his fingers dancing in between her thighs.

  Stevie quickly grabbed his hand, moving it into a safer place on her waist. "In your dreams."

   "Every night." He grinned cheekily at her.

      Stevie giggled, kissing his cheek.  She settled against him, watching in curiosity as they passed the street signs.