Prolouge: The Nerd...

High school...

Oh the beauty.

And when your a piece of art with a turtle neck sweater amd your glasses sliding off your face as you struggle to keep your stack of books together and up.

Classic sight, isn't it?

I'm known as the nerd, as you may have predicted. I don't mind very much either honestly, being known for having good grades throughout school isn't as bad as an idea most people would frame on it, plus, the fact that I don't hang out with nerd-like people. Unlike many people in this school, their reasonable people with common sense, just more on the attractive side, but its not like I'm their "Duff" or something, their, to many peoples surprise, legitimately my friends.

"Hic, hurry up!" The voice of my pale skinned friend, Jack, called across the hall

"Coming!""Hiccup! Wait!" A familiar voice called behind me. I turned around to see Astrid, running to keep up.

Astrid was some sort of shotgun princess ever since she was smaller, and forst met me through my dad, and since the age of 13, has been my girlfriend since the eighth grade. Surprisingly, in the moment, I realized how lucky I was to actually be in this sort of condition, and managing to maintain a relationship woth one of the most peer-adored people in school.

Boy was I wrong.

"Hey Astrid, what's up?" I asked, leaning in for a kiss, but received nothing in return. I quirked an eyebrow at her blank expression and awkwardly shifted back into place.

"Hey um, is there something...wrong?"  "Can we talk somewhere..?" She asks, her face growing a bit tighter.
"Uh, I kind of have Jack and the guys waiting on me, I don't really want to keep them wa-" "I'm breaking up with you."

What?

I just stood there, frozen, uknowing what to say until i finsly managed to spill out;

"Wait...What?"

"We're done, you know....?Through...? Can you hear or do you need hearing aids to go with those stupid nerd glasses of yours?" She snapped at me in response. "Wait, wait- What? You-your breaking up with me because of how I look? Is-is that why?" I asked angrily.

"Looks like you can catch on pretty quickly, huh Brain Boy? You do understand that this Senior prom is coming up, right? I can't be seen around someone like you, Hiccup, it'd ruin my reputation. Plus, I'd rather go with Macintosh...He asked me and I said yes." "You said What?!" "Just get over it you big baby, grow a pair, will you?"

And that my friend, was the breaking point. Here, imagine this:

You've been spending this whole relationship with a girl you knew was way out of your league, having to spend your every last dime on whatever she wanted, or "needed" as she proclaims, then having to carry her around like a slave, doing her homework, spending lended money on things for her, and then, you hear that.

Get the picture?

Good. Let's move on.

"I am so tired of your shit, Astrid! Are-Are you actually...? Have you-Have you been faking this whole so called "relationship"?" I growled back, making her jolt. "...I don't even care anymore, go on and live your dream with 'Mac & cheese' or whatever the fuck his name is, because we're through."

She snickered.
"That's all I needed to hear." She responded simply, walking away.

I grunted, turning to see the extened eyelids of shock from my friends.