Epilogue: New Beginnings

So...I guess I learned my life lesson from that....Well more like from her.
She was right, if a person doesn't love you for who you are, there's no use spending time with them.

"Hey Hic, thanks for picking me up again." I see her approaching as she left the school building. "No problem, Mer-Bear." I smiled, sharing a kiss as she entered the car.

"I can't believe tomorrow is graduation day!" She smiled in hope. "Yeah I know, College is hard." I complained, turning the curve.
"Oh shush, you've been out since yesterday." She chuckled. "True." I smirked.

"So...where are you gonna go first...?" She asked as the car went silent. "I...um...."

She already knew what was gonna happen. I was employed as a traveling animal carer and veterinarian.

"I'm...I'm not sure, I've got appointments almost everywhere." I admitted.
She nodded, "I'm happy for you." She smiled, but I could tell how much it hurt her from the look in her eyes. It struck me hard, like a million bullets fired in my heart.

Today I had something special planned for her...I didn't know whether it would last or not.

We went home, opening the door to find my place decorated with balloons and banners, the smell of cake and snacks filled the air.

Merida giggled as she saw my shocked expressions once the crew popped out from behind the furniture.

"Congrats!" They smiled as Merida dragged me over to the cake.

I chuckled as I saw the small decorations they had made.
"Who made this?" I smiled.
"Punzel, of course." Merida smiled, ", soooo...do you like it?"

"I love it! Thank you guys so much...it means alot to me we're all celebrating graduation together..." I say, kissing Merida's forehead.

"Yeah, yeah, enough with the sappy stuff Dragon Boy, let's just have a toast to the future." Jack grinned, pulling Rapunzel close as they raised our glasses. I chuckled, raising mine.

"To us, because we'll always be one weird looking family." Flynn chuckled.
"To us!" We cheered, clincking our glasses together.

Every moment of that day...I wouldn't give it up for the world. I was with them, her.
And that's all that mattered.

A few minutes after dark, Merida's phone began to ring.
Everyone froze as grins grew on their faces, "Hello?"
I quirked an eyebrow as she walked out.

"We'll just leave you to it...Oh, and good luck." Kris smiled, patting my back.
I chuckled nervously as they left, shutting the door behind them.

I quickly headed to my drawers, scavaging until I finally found the small white box I'd been looking for.

"Hic!" Spoke a cheerful voice behind me. "Umm..uh, yes?" I swallowed, quickly hiding the box before she could see it.
"The company said yes! Arrows is happening!" She smiled brightly, embracing me tightly.
"Well...that would mean your traveling too!" I exclaimed happily, realizing what had to be done.

"Merida, before we get going any further..I wanted to ask you something." I say, holding her hand. "You've been there for me for at least four years...thick and thin, and stuck by my side. I hope you know I love you, more than anything in the world, and I'd never give you up. I hope you know I'll be there for you through thick and thin, so I wanted to ask you..." I bent down on one knee, opening the box to reveal a shining emerald ring, ", will you be mine, forever and always, and marry me?"

Her hands cupped onto her mouth in surprise as I kneel there, worrying as I wait for an answer.

"Yes!"
I froze, "Wait...really?!"
"Yes really, I love you!" She exclaimed, swelling down to hug me as we both laid on the floor, kissing sweetly as I slipped the ring on her finger.

I picked her up, standing as our lips parted.
"I-i can't believe this! I'm getting married!" I shouted out in joy as she laughed, pulling my face closer to hers as we kissed fiercely, laying her on the couch as she giggles at my attempt of taking off the shirt I was wearing.

*************

"And do you, Hiccup Haddock Horrendous the Third, take Merida DuhBroch to be your lovely wedded wife?" The priest asked as I held my wife's hands, looking deep into her sapphire eyes

"Wouldn't want it any other way." I smiled.
"You may kiss the bride."

I chuckled, picking her up bridal style as we shared a kiss that sparked like never before as cheers and whistles rang through the enlightened church.

We laughed as we looked over at Flynn and Jack who were balling in tears with Rapunzel, the others chuckling, comforting each other as best as they could.

I turned back to my wife, seeing her smile brighter then ever before as she stared back at me.

"I still can't believe this." I smiled as the bells rang.
"What?" She questioned.
"That everything I could have ever wished for, came true." I responded, "but you know what would make it even better?"
"Yeah?"
"Another kiss." I goofily smiled as she giggles, cupping my face as we shared another kiss.

We were one hell of a strange couple, you would have never thought some nerd like me would ever get the beautiful Punk Princess I have today, nor the "family" we grew out.

Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel are in charge of merchandise, Kris, he's basically our manager, Flynn, Jack, they play guitar and drums, Merida still plays and sings, and me...Well I found myself taking another spot as a bassist as well when I didn't have any appointments to take care of.

We're all still here together, the old...and the new...

About new...

"Dad! You said you ere gonna teach me how to play basics!" My six year old son, Beau, calls me as he runs over to my office on the tour bus.
I chuckle, picking him up, onto my lap as I pull my bass closer.
"Beau! Your father's busy! Come play with Corona, Crystal, and Tyler!" Merida called.
"Aww man..." Beau complains.
"It's ok, Mer! I have some time." I smiled as Beau looks up at my with his bright sapphire eyes and a bright smile.
"Alright bud, let's do this." I smiled, patting his chocolate brown hair, just like mine, as Toothless lies down next to my chair, awaiting for the tunes to play.

But hey I did it!
No manual required!
It only takes love and heart to learn,
How to be punk.
______________________________________________________________

T H EE N D

AHHHHHHH!
THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH FOR STICKING WITH MY THROUGH THIS BOOK AND FOR 700+ VIEWS!!!!!
:DDDDDDD
I'M SOOO HAPPY!
On a more serious note, I'd like to thank a reader that has been through this book with me through my writing, and that person is xLifescape_0709x, who has supported me the whole way and given me the courage to keep writing this novel.
This chapter is dedicated to you gurl!
Please make sure to share this novel with any other Mericcup lovers/shippers out there, I truly appreciate it, future readers, thank you SO much for reading, I hope you guys enjoyed this novel,
Read, comment, vote,
Love you, Fuzz-Balls!
Until the next book bros,
PEACE
:3