Chapter 8: Step #3; Music Is Key

I yawn, opening my eyes and turning my head to see a dressed up Jack and Flynn.

"Dude, get up." Jack says. I groan, turning my head away as I pull the red head sleeping on my chest closer.

"C'mon, do you want our help or not?" Flynn ask, folding his arms.
I sighed, "But I'm so comfy...she's so comfy...we're so comfy." "Just get up." Jack insists
.
"You're so annoying." I yawn, gently setting Meri down on the other side of the couch and getting up.

"Hurry up and get your shoes on!" Jack scolded me playfully.
I rolled my eyes, grabbing my shoes.

"What about Kris?" I asked. "Oh, we tried..." Flynn says, his arms still folded. I quirk an eyebrow, "What happened?" "Jack here took a slap on the face." He smirked. I laughed.  "It was meant for him!" Jack exclaimed. "Yeah, that's why I used you as blockage." "Whatever." Jack growled, rubbing his cheek.

"Alright, what's the next step?" I asked, stretching out. "Last easy step I'm afraid, Music." Jack said, pulling his phone. "...I managed to get a list of bands that she likes with the help of Eugene here-" "Flynn." Flynn says behind gritted teeth. "Yeah, but we're only picking a few because some may be a little to hard-core for you..." Jack explained.

"What? You think I can't handle a little bit more of the next level?" I quirked an eyebrow.

They gave me the 'seriously?' look.

"Yeah, because you can totally handle it if your ears are bleeding!" Jack grinned sarcastically. "She listens to alot of screamo, so we'll tune it down a level to what she listens to that's not so bad for your ears." Flynn explained.

"So, what are you gonna make me listen to?" I asked. "Acoustics, Alternative, but most of all, regular rock...maybe even a little bit of screamo here and there, meh...you'll be fine!" "Alright then, let's get a move on." I say

Merida groans, hugging herself.
"Or maybe...you know, we could stay here and just chill-"

"C'mon, Dragon Boy!" Flynn exclaimed, grabbing me by my collar as I was just about to snuggle up right next to her. "Aww C'mon!" I complained as they drag me out the door, grabbing my glasses on the way.

I groaned, getting into the car.
"Calm down, it'll all be over soon, then you can get back to your 'princess'." Jack teased. I rolled my eyes, leaning my head on the window angrily. "It better be over soon." I muttered as we drove off.

After a long drive in yet another set of traffic, we finally arrived at the mall. I rushed ahead, almost bursting into Barnes & Nobles, the guys snickering behind me.

Fishlegs, a friend of mine who has an equally odd name as me and works there, caught attention on me as soon as I ran through those doors.
I walked up to the counter.

"Hey man, what's up? Looks like your being chased by the security guards." Fishlegs stated. I paused, taking a deep breath in and out.

Maybe I was over reacting...just a little bit!

"Wait...you are being chased by the security guards?!" He asks in shock. "No! No, no, no! It's nothing...I just need to know where the music C-D's are." "Oh, um, sure...What genre?" "Acoustic, Alternative, Rock." He quirks an eyebrow, "Are you going through a phase or...?"  "What?! No, they're not for me," I lied. "...they're for my friend...Merida."

"Merida?! You mean the punk girl? Man, she's badass...you gotta introduce me and the crew to her one of these days." "Sure...but why?" I quirked an eyebrow. "I just said, she's badass! How do you get a girl like that?!"