Chapter 13: Uneasy Hearts Weigh The Most

Today, all the punks brought their instruments, their cars backed to the brim of their back seats, and of course everyone else was sort of confused to why. There was a huge crowd outside.

"Aww, look, they're gonna play a little concert for us." Macintosh Joked.
I rolled my eyes as everyone else laughs.
"That's funny, Pretty Boy." A voice chuckled from the other side.
He quirks an eyebrow, looking back.
"You talkin' to me?"
"Yes I'm, 'talkin' to you'..." She mimicked, making us snicker.
"Don't mimic me, or I'll-"
"Fall on the floor like last time? Great thing you did there, by the way. Most amusing thing I've ever seen!"
His face turned red as people started to laugh. He started stomping towards her.
"Oh looky here, I still have some blood on my ring from last time..." She grinned, admiring it as Macintosh backed up.
"...I suggest you get off your throne, Pretty Boy, or next time I'll use one of your teeth as a necklace charm."

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I burst out laughing. Macintosh quickly walked back into the crowd.
The punks grinned, moving people out of the way to get inside.

As Merida passed, she scrunched her nose at me. I laughed, scrunching mine.

I guess none of them knew what today was.
Today was the Aurora Avenue Concert.
From all the days I had been practicing, my fingers cramped, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

"Damn, I can't believe she stood up to that guy." Jack laughed.
"She's been stood up to Mac & Cheese, punched him right in the face and onto the lockers." I snickered.
"Serves him right." Kris smirks.
"Come on, the bells about to ring and I'm not trying to be late to Aurora because of detention!" Flynn exclaims.
"Oh shit!" I exclaim, running inside.

--------

"Alright, that's the last run." Flynn says, putting his guitar down.
I smiled confidently, putting my glasses on the small table next to me, my contacts on.

This is gonna be great!

"So, how do you guys plan on disguising yourselves?" Elsa asked.
"We're not to sure about that yet..." Jack sighs.
"Why don't you guys wear something... like masks, or paint or something?" Anna suggested.
"You know Anna, that's not a bad idea! I can make masks for you guys, just tell me what you want on them." Punzel exclaimed, running into her closet full of art supplies.

"I want mine blue please!" Jack smiled.
"What about you guys?" Punzel asked, setting her box full of stuff on her table.
"Green." I say.
"I'll take red or yellow." Flynn says.

"I wanna help!" Anna exclaims, rushing over and sitting down next to Punzel.
"I'll get the body paints." Elsa says, going into the closet.
"What should we do?" Jack asks.
"Find some black hoodies and wear them, put their hoods up too!" Elsa says.

"Got it." Flynn says as We walk out the front door.
"God, I can't believe we're actually doing this..." I smiled, feeling proud of myself.
"I can't believe you guys actually agreed." Jack smirked.
We walked into Jack's house, grabbing three black hoodies.

"Aw man, this is gonna look sweet!" Jack exclaimed as We slipped them all on.
"How do you think our masks are gonna look?" I asked.
"Well, Punzel has a bunch of dress-up material, so I'm not sure..." Flynn says, putting his hood up as We walked back out.

Sun down was approaching us, meaning it was almost time for the concert, I was already getting goose bumps.

God...What if something goes wrong....?

I took in a deep breath, calming myself as Jack opens the front door back up.
"Guys, hurry up and come see!" Anna exclaimed.
"Coming." Jack called as We walked over to the table.
"We used some old Halloween costume masks and painted them." Rapunzel smiled, pulling them out.
"These are awesome! Thanks Punzie." Jack grinned, pecking her cheek.
"Hey, I don't get any recognition?!" Anna complained.
"And thank you too, Anna." Flynn chuckled.